Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mt Airlie Sat 19-1-19 List Closed

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aza mof View Post
    See your a in the morning
    Cheers.

Richmond or Capertee?

edit: resolved by text
    Last edited by Dru; 19-01-19 at 06:36 AM.

Quick update on what turned to be a rewarding but tough trip.

We lost Aaron early on the bitumen due to a recent oil filter change - too tight and damaged the seal so much loss of oil.

There was was a second group from All Wheel Drive Club with Paul Brennon. Paul was happy for us head up first. It’s a bit haunting heading in through the Ribaux property, quite emotional I felt.

What was the trail like? Honest, simply tough. A couple of recent storms have left the trail, even the section that Parks intend grading and keeping open, in not the best condition. I got hung up in several places in sections that we thought easy bits on previous trips. Kerry and I have done this trip 8 times (we think) and this was the toughest one!

It remains an iconic bucket list track and we can only hope that the 4wd association manage to maintain access on our behalf. I know they are working hard, but I expect we will see a closure at some point before any longer term solution is won.

I think Kevin is rustling up a report, but let me say it was a long day, with plenty of hang-spots requiring spotting and cautious driving. A “simple” recovery toward the end of the day demonstrated how there is actually no such thing. We were airing up at 7.30. It’s always a pleasure, strangely enough, for any recovery to be with the SJC. Calm, common sense, discussion and consensus, patience.

On on a personal note, Mount Airlie remains our favourite trip. Kerry would like me to pass on our gratitude to all those who made this trip possible. It’s a long list given the current circumstances including other Clubs in the Western Region, the Association, the mine and even the Ribaux family. Most importantly, our sincere thanks to Aaron, Sean and Daphne, Andrew Chuck and the kids, Kevin and Rhonda.

Dru’n’Kerry

PS I’ve posted the first of the pics on the face book page.

Thank you Dru and Kerry for another fantastic trip.

Mt Airlie was incredible. No shortage of technical challenges. Just touching or maybe a little bit beyond our comfort zone.

Thank you everyone who helped out with the recovery. Muttley lives to see another day

Last edited by SeanC; 20-01-19 at 06:44 PM.

Visitor

Wow Sean - the recovery looks epic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
    Wow Sean - the recovery looks epic!!!

Yes, it was a tricky situation we were in. Luckily there were good people to help us out.