Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Touring Trip Anyone? The Darling River Run!

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Dave, really sorry but we are not going to make it. Too tricky sorting out leave.

Dru’n’Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Dave, really sorry but we are not going to make it. Too tricky sorting out leave.

Dru’n’Kerry
    Thanks Dru, maybe next year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it too late ?
    Thinking about going. Just wondering what kinda things are needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Is it too late ?
    Thinking about going. Just wondering what kinda things are needed?

Not too late, I’ll fire up the computer and send the itinerary with list of stuff.
    Let me know what you think!
    Dave

Hi Dave,

Visited the dealer to find out when I might expect delivery of the new JL, good news is it'll be a 2020 model however the bad news it won't arrive before this trip. I'm hopping to have sold my JK before then so unfortunately I'll miss this years touring expedition.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by MY14JK View Post
    Hi Dave,

Visited the dealer to find out when I might expect delivery of the new JL, good news is it'll be a 2020 model however the bad news it won't arrive before this trip. I'm hopping to have sold my JK before then so unfortunately I'll miss this years touring expedition.

Cheers,

Kevin.
    Sorry to hear it Kev, but glad the new JL is on the way!

Hope to see you at the AGM in a coupla weeks,

Dave

Dear Darling River Runners,

I have made all the calls and reserved all our campsites for our Darling River Run in 6 weeks time. Can’t wait to get out of Sydney for a week and a bit.

I have booked 8 sites everywhere from Wagga to Wilcannia (Mon 30 Sept to Sat 5 Oct) as unfortunately Wayne and Julie can’t join us until we get to Tilpa / Kallara Station. 9 sites from Kallara to home. Leo is still a maybe, but I booked for him as well in hope…

As you will see below, I have only booked unpowered campsites. Some places do have cabins available, but if you would like one, please call and book it yourself. All places know us as the Sydney Jeep Club group, so you can identify yourself that way.

Warrawong on the Darling, 0437 010 105, asked if everyone could call them individually, but not before Tuesday 20 August. They are the only people that we all need to call, unless you are making separate bookings for cabins.

Unfortunately Kallara Station can not do dinner for us after all, the owners have to travel to Adelaide so there will only be a manager minding the place. So we will need to self cater there, unless we choose to drive 10km back to Tilpa Pub for dinner.

Copi Hollow (Menindee) sounds like they will be able to offer us dinner on one of the nights we are there, as they are finishing a pizza oven and offered a pizza night. I said yes! So on the two nights we are there we can hopefully have pizza one night and either self cater or drive in to Menindee Pub for dinner the other night. Hopefully this makes up for no dinner at Kallara.

Mon 30 September - Wagga Wagga Beach Caravan Park - 2 Johnston Street Wagga Wagga, (02) 6931 0603.
    Booked 8 unpowered sites, $30 per site. Full amenities (toilets and showers). Dinner available in town or self cater.
    No Cabins available (there are motels in town).
    Tues 1 October - Homebush Hotel - Balranald-Ivanhoe Rd, NSW, (03) 5020 6803.
    Booked 8 unpowered sites – FREE - if we buy dinner at the pub! Full amenities (toilets and showers).
    Backpacker rooms available at $35, please call and book for yourself if you wish.
    Wed 2 October - Mungo National Park Main Camp. Camping ONLY. Toilet only. Self cater in camp.
    Accommodation may be available at Mungo Lodge a few kilometers outside the National Park (03) 5029 7297.
    Dinner available at Mungo Lodge.
    Thu & Fri 3 & 4 October - Copi Hollow Caravan Park Caravan Park, (08 ) 8091 4880.
    Booked 8 unpowered sites, $20 per site per night = $40 for our two nights. Full amenities (toilets and showers).
    They do have cabins available. Please call and book for yourself soon if you would like one.
    Dinner available at Menindee Pub, but it is a drive. Otherwise self cater.
    They will have a new pizza oven finished when we get there and are willing to do a pizza night – I said yes please!
    Sat 5 October - Warrawong on the Darling, 0437 010 105.
    Booked 8 unpowered sites, $30 per site. Full amenities (toilets and showers).
    They want us all to call – but not before Tuesday 20 Aug - to confirm bookings individually.
    Please call in the next week and say you are with the Sydney Jeep Club Group.
    They do have cabins available. Please book if you would like one when you call.
    Self cater or head back in to Wilcannia for dinner.
    Sun 6 October - Kallara Station, (02) 6837 3963.
    Booked 9 unpowered sites, $10 per site Has full amenities. Bunkhouse and rooms available, please call and book for yourself if you would like one.
    Unfortunately dinner is now NOT available, but it is only 10km back to Tilpa Hotel, otherwise self cater.
    Mon 7 October - Gundabooka National Park. Camping ONLY. Toilet only. Self cater.
    Tues 8 October - Nyngan Riverside Caravan Park (02) 6832 1729.
    No bookings taken for camping, $28 per site for a couple. Full amenities (toilets and showers).
    They have cabins available if you call and book soon! Dinner available in town, otherwise self cater.

And I think that is about it. Please let me know if you are unable to call Warrawong on the Darling (Greg may still be overseas), hopefully they will be okay with me calling for you…

Then all we have to plan is meeting up before, or at Wagga. I hope everyone got the Meeting Points Sheet? Does anyone want to meet and convoy from Marulan?

6 weeks to go!!

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 18-08-19 at 01:56 PM.

Default Spring Touring Trip Anyone? The Darling River Run!

Hi All,

Two weeks till we leave Sydney, and unfortunately Brian has had to drop out due to illness. Fortunately he is recovering, but won’t be able to join us.

I also haven’t heard back from Leo, so I’m not sure if we are 6 or 7 Jeeps from Wagga. So we still have a great crew, but one or two fewer than last time.

I was down in Canberra for a couple of days last week, definitely greener down south, and with some rain expected over quite a bit of the state this week, it might at least cut the dust a little

Hope everyone’s preparations are going well, please let me know if you have any questions.

Dave

Last edited by Dave; 15-09-19 at 05:53 PM.

Hi All,

The last post was two weeks ago, now there is just two days to wait.

Which is just as well as I haven’t packed yet!

Think I’ve heard from everyone in the past couple of weeks and I know that a few of us plan to meet up at Marulan – I hope to be there by 10.30 and leave again 11.00 ish on Monday morning.
    Which should put us at the Dog on the Tuckerbox around 1.00 or 1.30pm for lunch…
    And Wagga City Beach Caravan Park about 4.00pm!

I’ll be travelling with the UHF on Chanel 15, and the phone should have reception all the way on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone, and a safe drive on Monday. See you all West of Sydney

Best wishes,
    Dave

Visitor

Have a fun trip all.

Take a lot of photos for us all to share in your adventures.

Cheers
    Ben