Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance for Jeep Wrangler JK

Smile Insurance for Jeep Wrangler JK

Hi all,

I bought my first jeep JK yesterday and I am super excited. I have a few questions and I hope here is the best place to ask questions, if not please let me know( I joined the club yesterday).

My first question- if you recommend any insurance company for comprehensive cover. I am using the car for daily commute and off-roading with Sydney Jeep Club and nothing crazy for the first year until I get pro at it.

Second question- The jeep I bought is not modified and it has the stock tyres which is worn off and it has to be changed. I would like to know if I can lift the car 2 inches and get new tyres without changing the wheels and suspension system ...new bumper.... as it costs too much to do it all at the same time.

Thanks heaps
    Roya

Visitor

Hi Roya

Fabulous news!!!!

I recommend you talk to Club 4x4 for your insurance needs, as they will cover you off road, and for any accessories you add to your JK.

You will need new suspension as that is what creates the lift. Taller springs and shock absorbers etc.

As for Tyres, I will ask a couple of the wrangler owners tomorrow. It might be possible to fit 33s on stock height suspension.

Will get back to you.

Bumper can wait for now.

Ben.

Thanks Ben, I got my Insurance with club 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Excellent.

I had a chat with the Wrangler owners on Sunday, and 33" tyres will fit with minor rubbing (shouldn't damage anything) before you install a lift.

In regards to brand, I like my Falken Wildpeaks AT3W tyres, but other good options are the BF Goodrich KO2, Toyo Open Country AT2 etc.

Basically, I would recommend an All Terrain Tyre over a Mud Tyre. And any good brand will be a good choice.

Oh, and get 5 as your spare wheel should match in size.

Cheers
    Ben

Thank you for asking other wrangler owners and getting some information. It’s really helpful as It’s all new to me.

I have another question, would I be able to use the stock wheels with 33 inches tyres or do I need to change the wheels too?

Thanks
    Roya

Quote Originally Posted by roya View Post
    Thank you for asking other wrangler owners and getting some information. It’s really helpful as It’s all new to me.

I have another question, would I be able to use the stock wheels with 33 inches tyres or do I need to change the wheels too?

Thanks
    Roya

No you will not need to change wheels, if you stick with 285/70R17 you can keep the standard wheels, any wider than that will require wider wheels, a 2 inch lift will be plenty to clear 33s

Thanks Ben

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by roya View Post
    Thanks Ben
    You can thank Jared for that, but I do agree with his response.

Cheers
    Ben

Thanks Jared, the whole Jeep excitement is too much and I didn’t see your response ( I thought it’s Ben)! LoL

I want to sleep in my jeep at nights and never leave it ... can’t wait to get ready and join you all.

I arranged with ATV for next Wednesday to get 5 new tyres 285/70/17R.

Next is installing recovery point and UHF radio.