Thread: Saturdays Mount Airly trip- a fitting hooray to Dru and Kerry

Default Saturdays Mount Airly trip- a fitting hooray to Dru and Kerry

Well it’s been a long time since I’ve
    Been on a club trip and Took It upon myself to do a Small write up of the weekends fun..

Mount Airly is just an amazing place with views and Climbs that brings huge smiles to those who visit... it was my first time visiting
    Since the passing of Col earlier this year... all is planes, cars and farm equipment is
    Gone, it’s such a different feeling driving in.. but yes it’s so much tidier and clean..

Dru and Kerry were our trip leaders and was to be their last trip with SJC as NSW residents, they are relocating back to Toad country [emoji12].

Dru as always gives an amazing description and history of the area and gets everyone introduced and making friends ASAP, and Kerry is in the back ground proding him to cut it short [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]and get on with wheeling..

I think we had 9 jeeps in our group and we drive to the lookout trig point and then to Gwenolan Point and the walk to the end to visit the endangered pea in full flower.. something that doesn’t happen often[emoji106]

Some of us camped at Newnes and others roughed it at the Pub... but it was great that we all stay for Dinner on the Saturday night.. was a great dinner with great mates.

Here are a few pics from the weekend. Sorry if my grammar or spelling is bad.. doing this all on my Phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Nice write up and thanks for the photos!
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Fabulous report Jose, many thanks.

Also sincere thanks to everyone who contributed to this trip and those who stayed for dinner at the Capertee pub. It was a wonderful way to sign off.

Mount Airlie put up a special day for this trip, literally the first time in approx 12 trips when no one made it over the step. Winching 9 Jeeps through was tough but everyone had great humour throughout. I can’t recall how many times I slipped on the slippery rocks but I’m still finding new bruises!

Farewell SJC, we will be in touch even though it becomes a bit of a journey to get here in future!

Warmth and best wishes

Dru’n’Kerry