Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Outback and Opals - July 2020

Default UNDER REVIEW - Simpson Desert July 2020 - UNDER REVIEW

Got a call from Cobar Caravan Park this morning, asking if our group wanted to keep its bookings.
    I said YES! As long as we are allowed to travel out of Sydney, we will be there. We should be there 2 months Today!!

I gave Broken Hill a ring to confirm our plans to get there, and the possibility that we may want to add a day if we are not allowed to go to South Australia. They said there should not be a problem.

I guess at this point if there is anyone now not wanting to come on a trip to somewhere... while they are giving full refunds...

Hope everyone is still up for a trip!
    Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dave; 11-05-20 at 03:40 PM.

Border News in the ABC today - 14 April:

NSW Tourism Minister Stuart Ayres told News Corp: "I cannot see a reason why other states would not road-map to the 1st of July as a logical starting point for where all of those border restrictions could be removed and allow people to start moving across the country."

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said she would not assess border policies until around July 10 but only if transmission remained low in NSW and Victoria. - which for us just confirms that we won't be going to Qld. (Update, on 18 May she said Qld won't re open until September)

The SA Government will not discuss easing border restrictions before June 8. - which gives me hope! We plan to drive into SA on 13 July.

Keep the curve flat
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-05-20 at 10:56 AM.

Good luck with getting this one back on the cards Dave, there's some promising news getting around.
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
    Good luck with getting this one back on the cards Dave, there's some promising news getting around.
    Yes, NSW nearly 100%, SA sounds very hopeful... Qld no chance. Know that there are quite a few people wanting to get out somewhere!

Dave

Right, in the news today, from June 1st we know that we can at least do the Outback NSW Trip!

ABC - "Premier Gladys Berejiklian has encouraged people interstate to book a holiday in NSW, after announcing coronavirus travel restrictions would be scrapped from June 1."

Now we just need South Australia to come to the party so we can go there! I have contacted Copley and Mungerannie with our new dates...

Fingers crossed!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 21-05-20 at 02:45 PM.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Right, in the news today, from June 1st we know that we can at least do the Outback NSW Trip!

ABC - "Premier Gladys Berejiklian has encouraged people interstate to book a holiday in NSW, after announcing coronavirus travel restrictions would be scrapped from June 1."

Now we just need South Australia to come to the party so we can go there! I have contacted Copley and Mungerannie with our new dates...

Fingers crossed!

Dave
    Hi Dave me and my partner would like to join you guys on this trip to SA. The itinerary sound great. Let me know. I hope I'm posting this comment to the right location
    Last edited by Dave; 21-05-20 at 02:45 PM.

Club Member

Hi Dave, this may be the correct spot to reply to your suggested trip to Outback NSW and SA. My partner and I would love to join the trip. Let me know Gary Chalmers

Club Member

Hello Dave,

I posted a comment earlier but being unused to this forum wasn't sure whether I did it correctly. My partner & I would like to come along on this planned rip to Outback NSW & SA. It sounds like it'd be a great trip. Let me know how numbers go and we'll keep in touch. Regards Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Chalmers View Post
    Hello Dave,

I posted a comment earlier but being unused to this forum wasn't sure whether I did it correctly. My partner & I would like to come along on this planned rip to Outback NSW & SA. It sounds like it'd be a great trip. Let me know how numbers go and we'll keep in touch. Regards Gary
    Hi Gary,

Yep, this is the right place, but I am at work and only check the site if I am on a break. Adding you to the "Definitely Coming" list!

We still don't know if we will be allowed to travel into South Australia, but we can hope!

I'll send you both Plans (NSW+SA and NSW only) from home this evening - if I have your email address? Could you Private Message it to me (just click on my name to the left of this textbox) just in case?

As long as we can travel, I guess we will meet up in Mudgee - I usually stop for morning tea (and Mead) at the Honey Haven on my way West

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 21-05-20 at 02:44 PM.

Hi Gary, am home but just checked and I don't have your email address. Could you send me a Private Message with your email and I will send you the full Itineraries?

Thanks,
    Dave