Thread: NSW Outback and Opals - July 2020

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi All,

Just an update 'chat'.

Had a bit more interest in the trip at the first meeting of the year, so I am expecting a full convoy of 10 Jeeps (maybe we can squeeze in a couple more if we need to). Going to be another awesome trip (as long as it doesn't rain way out west like it did last year)

A couple of people have told me that they have been booking cabins already, and that some places are already fully booked. That really surprised me as I usually book over Easter with no problems.

Anyway, I have booked a cabin for GregD and myself (separate beds thankyou ) in Cobar for Saturday 11 July, and I have also booked in Broken Hill for Sunday 12 July. Both places had plenty of availability, and in fact Broken Hill said I was the first person to book a cabin there.
    I hope that those who have booked, have the correct date and place?

Days 1 & 2 Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 July - Sydney to Broken Hill via Cobar

Night
    Location and Contact
    11 Jul
    Cobar Caravan Park, 101 Marshall Street Cobar – Ph 02 6836 2425.
    12 Jul
    Broken Hill Tourist Park, 142 Rakow Street, Broken Hill - Ph 08 8087 3841 /
    1800 803 842. Camp sites and cabins available.

I will book all the rest of the camp sites for all of us as per the Itinerary later on. I am planning to camp everywhere we go after Broken Hill, and in some places camping is the only option.

If you wish to try for other accommodation at eg Wilpena Pound, Copley, Mungerannie, Birdsville, Innaminka, Tibooburra, White Cliffs, Nyngan all the contact details are in the itinerary, please make sure you cross reference the dates.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 15-02-20 at 09:01 AM.