Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi All,

Another update.

I heard back from Birdsville and I contacted Diamantina Shire Council - who will give us our refunds on application.

They confirmed at Birdsville is basically shut for the rest of the year. No Big Red Bash in July, No Birdsville Races in September. No visitors staying in the caravan park.

So, our trip to Queensland is CANCELLED. We will not be able to go up the K1 Line to Poepple Corner and on to Birdsville. Please do as your email from Birdsville said and claim your refund.

BUT, as I said yesterday, Wilpena Pound (South Australia) is still only closed to the end of June. I am going to hope that in July the SA State border will have reopened and we will still be able to go West from Broken Hill and on to the Flinders Ranges, Lake Eyre, Innaminka.
I will re plan the itinerary and email everyone with the new details. I quite understand if anyone wants to drop off the trip list if we can't go to Poepple Corner, but I reckon we could still have a great trip!

IF South Australia is still off limits in July, I already started thinking about a trip just within Northern NSW (if we are allowed out of Sydney), and I will email that to everyone as well. Some light reading for everyone if nothing else.

So, third time NOT so lucky, but hopefully we will still be able to do something in July!

Very sorry,
Dave
So is the hole of Birdsville closed all year or just the caravan park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk