Thread: Spooky...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

And back to Spooky action.

In 2019 why a JK not a JL? Well, let's see the JL and it's after-market kits have a little time in the Aus trails first. And there are some sensational deals available for the few basically new JK's that are left. And of course we know the JK in a way we just don't with the JL. We're not dissing the JL, just not for us, not now.

There is also the cost issue of being able to transfer much of the components from Mud Magnet. It would be silly to ignore.

4WD differences this time:

AUTO: hey, we like rock crawling and as much as I love manuals we are going with the superior rock crawling set up.

SPORT not RUBICON: Again I'm not dissing the Ruby, best 4wd out of the box in Aus, hands down. But after on-going modification the only Rubicon bit left (Mud Magnet) was the transfer case, which blew up. Dramatically. This project is starting as a Sport.

JKU not JK: A shorty is just a peach and work really well, even for desert cruising - for a couple. Personally I would choose a TJ project over a JK these days, not that Kerry agrees. But we had in mind more load carrying, less "tail low" behaviour, and more comfort. IE longer wheel base. I'd compensate ramp over with 37" tyres, but it seems you can't engineer this in Qld. Work in progress.

Spooky build under supervision copy.jpg

The Spooky build under supervision at our new home. Serious stuff happening here!

Spooky.jpg

Haha! OK a bit of pretense, build will happen at 7 Slot on the Gold Coast. And not till March damnit! But we have started pimping, and thank god for that. Spooky is starting to feel like a real Jeep, just a bit.

PS note that for now, Spooky fits under a garage door? My commitment to Jeeping - THIS WILL NOT LAST!!!
    Last edited by Dru; 30-12-19 at 10:36 AM.