Thread: Bumper install

Lightbulb Bumper install

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get the front and rear bumper "RUGGED RIDGE - JK XHD MODULAR BUMPER" but the Hills 4x4 ask me $700 to install them.
    so first question, is it a correct price?

so i was thinking to install them by myself, it doesn't look difficult.
    Did someone got experience and feedback on JK bumper installation?

thanks in advance.
    Nolan

Hey mate,

That is a rip off. For an hours work with hand tools do it yourself, more fun doing it yourself and save the $$$ installing any bumper especially that one without any electrics is very straight forward. As long as you have a socket set and it helps having a friend to lift it on as the steel is heavy to manoeuvre by yourself but still achievable. Will take an hour roughly, just use factory bolts in factory holes.

Hi Nolan,
    I think if its just a straight install I reckon it would be easy done at home, if your Jk is carrying a winch there is a little more involved. You will need to relocate the vacuum pump to a new location, and re mount the winch plate and so on. Harry remember mate, it is for front and rear bar, so there could be a few more things to complete, IE relocating and wiring attached to the rear bar. I would ask Sam for a break down of the cost to install, I had lots of work done on my JK there, and I know he doesn't charge $700 per hour. Just a thought, he is a good Jeep guy.

Hi Harry and Jeep11

thanks for your feedback, i very appreciate it.
    I don't have any winch atm so i will install the bar by myself, it will be fun !!!

Nolan