Trip Report:

Hi Guys,

The trip was a success today. The final attendance was as under.

1. Mani @ TRBN8R: JKU

2. Steve @ SteveF: JK Rubi

3. John @ JPJ: JKU

4. John and Di @ IsHers: JK Shorty

5. Steve and Hayley @ Jeep11: JLUR

6. Phil @ Philman: JK Rubi (Guest)

7. Martin @ ExtremeRubicon: JK Rubi

8. Leo @ SnakeDoctor: JKU

We all met up at the Shell servo at South Bowenfels at 0900. John and Di arrived a bit late but we were aware of them running late so we waited for them. We left the station at about 0920.

We got to the track and aired down. First track was The Quarry. Unfortunately The Quarry has been bulldozed and a giant pile of rubble has been left in front of it. We did the climb behind the quarry and headed to the tracks along the Cox's River. All tracks were as expected of C Grade. We got to The Powerlines track and due to recent rains the starting bit was a bit slippery. Couple of cars had problems negotiating the first step with John (IsHerz) needing to winch out. We all made it to the top of the powerlines and instead of turning right towards the Cox's River crossing we headed straight across to Maggie's Hill. It was a long shaley climb and most of us found it very interesting. After negotiating Maggie's Hill I misread the Maps and turned left instead of right. We had to do a long loop to get back on track and we discovered a few more interesting climbs along the way.

It was getting a bit past mid day so we got to a camp spot near the river and stopped for lunch. All of us had a long chin wag over lunch and we discovered that our guest Phil is a Volunteer fire fighter and had spent about 2 months fightimg fires over the Christmas new year period.

After lunch we headed for Mount Walker. We decided to give the first section a miss. We got to the top section and I managed to drive to the top with a couple of corrections in approach. John (IsHerz) drove Leo's Jeep to the top without much hassle at all. It was past 1400 so it was decided to do the Cox's River Crossing and head to Rydal for air up. We crossed the river and it wasn't as high as I had expected. We headed to Rydal and found the tracks leading to Rydal have been graded recently. Some people aired up at Rydal and some decided to head to the servo to air up. I found my compressor has died so I headed off to Lithgow to air up as well. The trip concluded at about 1440 hrs.

Nil damage to any vehicle reported. Only 1 recovery using a winch was required.

I did not take any photos. If someone did take some can you please post them for the club.

Cheers

Mani

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk