Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cape York 2021 14/7- 14/8

In 2011 when we did it we where 4 weeks away
    Up and back spent just over 5g in cost when away
    So i would think it would be a little more now
    Real need more time than that as didnt see everything

Default Cape York 2021 14/7- 14/8

Well .. since it’s just me in my jeep, thinking I will set it up with a bed inside, so removing seats to improve storage option.
    Remove passenger front and Make it the fridge and dry food storage.
    Remove rear seat and convert behind the drivers with a permanent bed setup, I’m only 5’5” and set the passenger side with storage and draws... could save on weight and drag with nothing on the Roof .. will have to chase some sought of vent for the inside of the jeep for condensation..
    I will take a backup tent and blowup mattress just incase.

What’s people’s thoughts with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselcon View Post
    Well .. since it’s just me in my jeep, thinking I will set it up with a bed inside, so removing seats to improve storage option.
    Remove rear seat and convert behind the drivers with a permanent bed setup, I’m only 5’5” and set the passenger side with storage and draws... could save on weight and drag with nothing on the Roof .. will have to chase some sought of vent for the inside of the jeep for condensation..

Sounds like a great plan Jose, are you talking about the Grand?

You will definitely want at least window rain visors so you can keep them open for ventilation at night, it can get hot - although then you have the mozzies. I'd def suggest a tent as well in case sleeping in the car gets unmanageable. You will also have a few days where you stay in the same place, so you may want to set up a more permanent camp site for a few days...

If you get a self inflating mattress it would be good for in the car or in a tent. If you leave it inflated in the car, make sure you open the valve during the day as when it gets hot they can 'over inflate'...

Dave

You bastard.....
    I started thinking when I read "Just me in Jeep". Hmmmmmm passenger seat spare, Swag, Esky & chair.........
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    You bastard.....
    I started thinking when I read "Just me in Jeep". Hmmmmmm passenger seat spare, Swag, Esky & chair.........
    [emoji8]

DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

I use these window sox's from supercheap for when I sleep in the back of the jeep, sorry can't remember what size I got. They slip over the rear window frame so you can have the window fully down but no bugs get in.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...=en_AU&start=1

Quote Originally Posted by RD0401 View Post
    I use these window sox's from supercheap for when I sleep in the back of the jeep, sorry can't remember what size I got. They slip over the rear window frame so you can have the window fully down but no bugs get in.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...=en_AU&start=1
    Awesome thanks

Default Heat extractor...............

What’s people’s thoughts with that. .........

..........You can also get a heat extractor for around $20.00 from most auto shops... They work great in keeping the heat down inside of your car and will circulate fresh air constantly... I had one for the ZJ and could jump in it in the middle of summer. I had black leather seats but could sit on them immediately without the “burnt arse” syndrome... Lol... They are solar powered but you can work it from your lighter socket at night and it won’t drain your battery at all... Just don’t leave it in if you go through a car wash or wash your car.........
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Beer, North of the Daintree it is an expensive commodity and you can only carry limited amounts, when we went XXXX was the beer of choice (mid strength only allowed) and hot nights meant a bit got drunk. Ice creams etc were also popular, and noticeably more expensive. That $30 a day will be pushing it if you like either of these

Cheers
    Steve
    Back in 2011 when we did it it was $80 a carton of XXXX once you left Cairns.

Hmmm ... yep... beer on hot days will be a must ... ok thanks... .. will up the budget to twice that for 2 weeks , [emoji106]

98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!