View Poll Results: Which pic best captures the August theme of "Mateship"?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
  • 1 9.09%
  • 1 9.09%
  • 1 9.09%
  • 2 18.18%
  • 2 18.18%
  • 2 18.18%
  • 2 18.18%
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Competition....Aug06 - Poll added

Default Photo Competition....Aug06 - Poll added

Hope people enjoyed the trivia competition, but to encourage even more Club Member participation - I'd like to start a photo competition. This has been run and proven very popular on a few other forums and (unless I get objections) this is what I'd like to run next. Ok I'll conceed thinking up Trivia questions was a PITA too

The basic format will be:
    I'll set a theme,
    For the first 3 weeks of each month members can submit Jeeping related photos,
    Submissions can be via linked or posted images.
    Then all members can vote on the pic that best captures the theme - with a 1 week limit so then the winner can be announced at the club meeting.....

The rules are basic too:
    The photo must either be taken by a club member, or feature a club member (or rig/family/etc).
    Voting will Commence at roughly the start of the 3rd week and end at roughly the end of the month - As best I can create the voting thread and close it.
    Members can submit multiple photos if they feel that they capture the theme - but only 1 pic of each "interpretation" of the theme.....eg not 50 pics of the same rig in the same pose from different angles.
    The photo itself does not have to be taken within the competiton period.
    Anything obsene or likely to offend WILL be nuked.
    Whilst I reserve the right to submit my own pics - as "comp" co-ordinator naturally I'd exclude myself from any prize etc.....

Prizes etc:
    1. You get boasting rights.
    2. For the best pic each month I was thinking it could be made into Wallpaper available from the club site? (ie more boasting rights).
    3. Need to talk to current/next commitee etc before anything else is offered - but seems like it would be nice 'eh.

Assistance:
    If any one has pics that they can't upload - feel free to contact me to help.

So without any further ado - open for the period 3rdAug until 24Aug06.......The theme is Mateship.......

Edit: since the poll list didn't work too great here's a summary of the top nine I selected......Sorry would have liked to include ALL but the danged software only lets me have 9.....So the top nine in no particular order:
    1. MRGC - TJ's rubing shoulders

2. Stevef - Muddy mates

3. MRGC - Mooning Grands

4. AussieCJ7 - Tailgating kids

5. Jeff - That night....

6. Dorzun - Jeep gossip

7. Ann - Posers

8. Sir_camel - Wrenching?

9. Jetty - Nice Spot for a Picnic

heres one to start off.
    hope this works.

One from me too. Not SJC but taken by me Trying to make it look pretty to impress the voters.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

2 EXECELLENT interpretations there guys - exactly the sort of thing I had in mind.......

Funny thing is I got asked why I picked "Mateship" as the theme.......
    Now I really thught this was a pretty obvious and easy theme...and I thought it really SHOULD embody what being part of the SJC is all about....

The friendship/fellowship of people with the same interest, a group of people you enjoy doing ing hings with, a celebration of Jeeps (current past & future)....... I dunno call me a sentimentlist, even an idealist - but really it's a pretty fundamental theme I hought.....

So did anyone else find/ create any pics over the weekend??

Heres a couple more, the backend of the GC's and brad and chris

Edited by wooders to fix pic links

Icant seem to get the pics up, am I doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MRGC
    Icant seem to get the pics up, am I doing something wrong.
    You need to use [img] tags and not [url] tags, I've edited the post to use image tags but neither of those are image paths so it still wont work.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

The problem was the links were pages - not the pics on the page - anyway think I;ve fixed it now....