Thread: Watagan Creek Road from the west

Default Watagan Creek Road from the west

In 2018, myself and a mate completed the Great North Walk from Sydney to Newcastle. We did 22 legs each of one day over a couple of years.

Anyhow, we had to do a lot of car shuffles. One time we were going down a road and it got too difficult for the cars so we stopped.

I suspect that my Jeep could do it easily. It is safer of course if 2 Jeeps are travelling together.

I am retired, so I am flexible with what ever day suits you.

Let me know
    Joe

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

From recollection Watagan Creek Rd is the one that has a bridge down - for quite some time. If it is the one I'm thinking of you don't get very far at all from the West.

For those wondering where (if I'm right) Watagan Creek Rd continues from the point where we turn off to "Staghorn Gully" - otherwise known as Wave Rock Rd.

Yes we got somewhat near that bridge in a Ford Escape. I want to confirm whats on the other side. Two of us are going this thursday if anyone wants to join us,

Visitor

On the Western side of the bridge thats never going to be repaired ,so the residents can get out when the road floods , is a bit bumpy , a ford at the bottom and then a graded dirt road.
    Its been probably 6 years since I drove thru there , just before the bridge collapsed

We had a great day! Thank you to Steve for showing me the ropes! Some photos attached.

I have a 2 door JL Sport S. Stock standard. All the reviewers say that Jeeps are capable right out of the factory. I always thought it was a reference to Rubicons. My Jeep performed magnificently!

Wat1.jpg

Wat2.jpg

I have got my Jeep muddy a few times now. And washed it after.

The thing about washing my Jeep, is that I need to hose the driveway after! What a mess!