Thread: Gees Arm N Trail

Default Gees Arm N Trail

This is out near Kurrajong.
    On Saturday I was exploring with a view to organise a day walk with a bush walking group.

This trail has some bits that would have stopped my old Ford Escape but the Jeep took it in it's stride! Fabulous!

Until I struck one difficult bit. The trail is only 4K long and the difficult bit is only 10 meters long.

I was wondering if somebody experienced in off roading, might like to come out to the trail and provide advice. With 2 Jeeps we can help each other if needed.

I am retired, so I am flexible with what ever day suits you.

Let me know
    Joe

Visitor

Is the gate back off?
    Last time I went down it , could have driven a Commy.
    Gees arm South is where the funs at.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobrent View Post
    Gees arm South is where the funs at.
    My mistake! Yes I meant the Gees Arm South Trail!

After that adventure, I drove up to the Gees Arm North Trail. The map shows a gate. There was no gate so I started to drive down and was stopped by a ranger.

He said: "You are not supposed to be here"
    I said: "There is no gate"
    He said: "It was stolen 2 days ago!"

The track is roughly 12.2kms in total... The first 5kms are very easy... Then that’s where you have the first descent then there are roughly 11 climbs which of course is the opposite on the way back... It’s get difficult at different sections.. There’s only two bi-pass’s along the way... Decent tyres, a lift and rock rails are a necessity otherwise damage a real possibility... Also you should go with another vehicle to help one another where necessary...
    Cheer’s... Stephen T...
    JC Member# 094

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

This is a B+ trip for the well prepared if you travel to the end. Very wise on this one to get stevet to join in. He can spot that track blind folded. (It does need spotting!)