Thread: ZigZag, Lost City Approaches Sunday 14/06/2020

Default ZigZag, Lost City Approaches Sunday 14/06/2020

Where - ZigZag, Newnes Lost City area.
    When - Sunday 14/06/2020.
    Meet - ZigZag carkpark.
    Time - 9.00am. Depart at 9.30am.
    Grade -C+ Only wanting to traverse easytrails suitable for beginners.
    Requirements - Recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
    This run is limited to 20 persons due to the Covid-19 social distancing requirements.............
    Further info contact Stephen T... Mob. No. - 0412-707903
    Attendee's.... Name and Jeep model...
    1.... Stephen T..... JK,
    2.... Leo & Denise.... JK... Visitor.
    3.... Mal & Kim.... WK2...
    4.... Steven & Karlee.... JL Rubicon... Visitor
    Last edited by stevet; 13-06-20 at 07:16 PM.
    JC Member# 094

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Where - ZigZag, Newnes Lost City area.
    When - Sunday 14/06/2020.
    Meet - ZigZag carkpark.
    Time - 9.00am. Depart at 9.30am.
    Grade -C+ Only wanting to traverse easytrails suitable for beginners.
    Requirements - Recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
    This run is limited to 20 persons due to the Covid-19 social distancing requirements.............
    Further info contact Stephen T... Mob. No. - 0412-707903
    Attendee's.... Name and Jeep model...
    1.... Stephen T..... JK,
    2.... Leo & Denise.... JK... Visitor.
    Hi Steve, is this run still on and is there room for two people?
    I have WK2 and all the required equipment and we definitely beginners.
    Mal and Kim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MalWilson View Post
    Hi Steve, is this run still on and is there room for two people?
    I have WK2 and all the required equipment and we definitely beginners.
    Mal and Kim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Mal & Kim,
    You both are more then welcome to attend tomorrow.... See you folks there tomorrow morning...
    JC Member# 094

Club Member

Bloody excellent day out today. Can’t thank you enough Stephen T for educating us beginners. Service light has gone out in the WK2 but Mal is still gonna survey the under carriage when we get home

Next stop: rock sliders and bash plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kim, Mal... My pleasure today... Glad you both enjoyed the day... Looks like the Jeep bug has bitten, mods, mods, mods... Lol... See on both on the next run!!!....
    JC Member# 094

Club Member

Hi Stephen, just so we can baseline, what difficulty grade would you give the run yesterday?

Basically a C grade with the odd C+ area to negotiate....
    JC Member# 094

Hi, a belated trip report.....
    There were three Jeeps on the day, Mal & Kim - WK2, and Karlee and Steven in her new JL Rubicon and myself, JK Rubicon. Our first track was a completely new track I had never taken before. It’s not long after we left the ZigZag carpark.... This track was similar to the Prado run trail, a C grade trail with only two spots which required some spotting to get the WK2 through as it was stock standard ( but that will change soon!!!).... I got Karlee to play with her gear selection in some areas to get to feel the difference between the gear ratio’s and she got to use her disconnects first time which put a big smile on their faces.... We eventually came out in the middle of the motorcycle track... We then proceeded to the Moon Rock to have a look at it... Looking down from the top, the right hand side has been completely graded obviously for the bush fire fighting but the left side remains B to B+... Must say that the landscape has been completed raised by the bushfires which went through there with so many of my old markers have been destroyed by the fires.... Can’t praise the firey’s enough for what they would have to have been through fighting those fires.... We then proceeded to the northern trail to the Lost City via the powerlines track where Karlee travel through some of the wombat holes and emerging grinning from ear to ear at how well her new Rubicon had handled the wombat holes. We then proceeded to the northern approach to view the Lost City. There were a few spots where we spotted for Mal but he got through well but that’s when he and Kim decided that some decent rail and body protection was on their shopping list.... It was cold and windy plus once we arrived at the end of the trail so we decided to head back to the old Newnes camp area to have some lunch and to get out of the wind... After lunch it was decided to call it a day so we slowly drove to Lithgow to air up then head home....
    JC Member# 094

Great job Steve !
    Always good to get our newer members more confidence!