Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What did you do for your Jeep Today?

Default What did you do for your Jeep Today?

Seat belts are now in.
    Changed the clutch slave - but still no clutch....looks like the pressure plate is caked

Yesterday(sorry) I bought a towbar from Jeep so the KJ is going to have a new friend
    I've also booked it in for a lift next week , so the KJ is very happy, & the wife is not leaving me :lol:
    ChrisD

I installed (finally) some quick disconnects on the TJ yesterday. Now to get them dirty...

- matt

New front ring and pinion and new short side axle for it today...
    Will be putting the new locker in the "Coke Can" in the next week or so!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Had a spare hour today - so chucked the TJ on stands and ripped the T/case out.
    Ran out of time to remove the tranny too - maybe tomorrow night....
    (repairing a rooted clutch )....

Put the KJ up on a floor jack and put a dial indicator on the lower ball joints..
    0.85 mm on passenger side, 5 mm (dial only went up to 1 mm in 0.01mm so used the whole dial indicator body to check the drivers side "it's 5 mm thick") Car has only 22,000km on the clock and the front wheels don't spent a lot of time on the ground so I am quite surprised... The US service notes seem to indicate that the problem is related to water getting into the joint hence corrosion then wear.. Bullshit my baby has only been into the water once or twice and is less than 6 months old. It looks like a poorly designed ball joint that even lacks a lubrication point (probably been dry since new).
    I will call the stealership tomorrow and request an audience.

Anonymous

3.5" lift on IFS maybe the problem!

Trans mission out, new clutch in, transmission back in.
    Tomorrow hopefully the tcase and get to strip & clean all my arm joints - woohoo what fun ops:

On the weekend the XJ got some TLC:
    Replaced the Park/Neutral switch,
    Replaced the passnger tail light assembly to match the drivers side (previous damage),
    Repaired a damaged harness for trailer wiring,
    Found resultant blown fuse which meant no reversing lights....which also interestingly prevents overdrive from working too (only on a Jeep ),
    Drained & refilled the radiator (I've heated it up a few times towing heavy loads - and the old fluid looked more like coffee).

Any wrenching time is good wrenching time

Finished the rock rails last week
    Put some stair tread tape on them today to stop me slipping off and cracking my knees open
    Washed it and emptied some of the rubbish out.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076