Thread: Gday!

Default Gday!

Hello Jeepers!

My name is Mike and thanks for letting me join your forum!

I currently drive a 2012 Hilux ute but am waiting for the diesel Gladiator (JT). My wife has a Renegade Limited (not 4WD but she still takes it off-road and we pull her when needed ). I convinced my brother-in-law to get a Jeep and he bought a Cherokee Trailhawk (lifted and tyres ... so far!).

I used to have a fully loaded JK but sold it ... I know, I know! I needed a tow rig to drive son all over Aus doing Trophy Kart and MX racing.

Anyhoo ... I am really into camping and overlanding, although I do like ‘more spirited’ off-roading, I shy away from the worst (read best) tracks. Having said that, I am keen as muck to do Gun Shot (while I sit on my couch - hehehe).

Thanks again for letting me in and please don’t judge me too hard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!
    When you get the Gladiator, please show us a picture! What colour did you order?

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Mike, have you come across Rod Tippet? Keen Jeeper and mad kart-er.

There is nothing wrong with a Hilux. I think as long as there is room on the trip log you’d be welcome on most appropriate trips (suggest C Grade). Just ask the trip leader if they can fit you in with the Hilux while you are waiting on the JT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe98 View Post
    Welcome!
    Thank-you!!!

When you get the Gladiator, please show us a picture!
    For sure! You try stop me putting pics up!

What colour did you order?
    I am leaning towards the Firecracker Red

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Mike, have you come across Rod Tippet? Keen Jeeper and mad kart-er.
    I have not, not that I am aware of anyway. And to be honest, we are all mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a Hilux. I think as long as there is room on the trip log you’d be welcome on most appropriate trips (suggest C Grade). Just ask the trip leader if they can fit you in with the Hilux while you are waiting on the JT.
    AH right! Thanks!! I spoke to someone before about joining with a Hilux (while I wait for FCA to bring in the diesel) and they said "Jeeps only!" But I will make sure I keep an eye on trips if it is okay for me to bring the Hilux.

Sorry for the delay in replying ... I thought I had replied, but it turns out, I didnt ...