Thread: air filters (kj 3.7) where to get?

Default air filters (kj 3.7) where to get?

looking for a foam filter to suit the kj 3.7L...

can someone suggest a place to buy please

thanks
    stephen

I'd probably get a K&N after market filter..

Try Suburban, if they dont have one in stock they can probably order one for you, I know they sell K&N stuff.

Spoke to Unifilter last night (i've worked iwth them in the past building intakes for my old sports cars) they're going to build a foam filter for the KJ with me on Thursday.

This is a comparison of filter types and what they do for you
    http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/e...0statement.pdf

i'll post the price once they have set one, but knowing them it will be pretty reasonable

Ive tried unifilter which used to situated in somewhere near rydalmere in a few of my modified cars then changed to k&n filter and a big difference and now I have 4wd V8 GC Ive put a K&N filter in it and I tell you 10 times better plus from an offroading perspective you will be cleaning the unifilter every time you go out they tend catch a lot of dust compared to the K&N filter.
    You can order the K&N from any auto pro after ringing a few and bargaining the one in homebush was the cheapest.

umm... this may sound like a really stupid comment... but i would rather a air filter "catch" dust and crap rather than let it through...

anyways i know the guys at unifilter so they're building one for the Kj at the moment i'll have the prototype on wednesday and i'll see how it goes.