Thread: New Year Getaway - 4th to 8th January 2021

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi All,

And now it's one week tomorrow! I hope that everyone had a great Christmas Day and has something fun (if quiet) planned for New Year.

I was contacted by National Parks the other day, after I sent them an inquiry about Ben Halls Gap National Park. Apparently it is closed to private vehicles, and the tracks immediately around it are through private property and are gated. We are recommended to use Hunter Rd instead to get from Moonan Flat to Nundle - and that may be a good thing as the forecast is for some rain. Slipperier conditions, and we have three trailers in our group, so a marked dirt road that will be open sounds like a good bet.

And I Googled it. In 2018, parts still looked like a track, with around 20 'causeways', and with the rain we can expect some water crossings. Apparently some great scenery as well, so I hope we get some fine weather too. Should be very interesting!

Make sure you pack some wet weather gear, as well as your swimmers for the pool at Nundle (and possibly for checking creek crossings )

Hope everyone is still looking forward to getting away!

Any last minute questions, please call me.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 27-12-20 at 05:43 PM.