Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Menai Cleanup on 23rd of Sept

Default Menai Cleanup on 23rd of Sept

I'm going to attend the Menai Cleanup on the 23rd of this month. I've not been on one before & want to know if anyone is planning on attending.

ChrisD

I am a potential. Not 100% as yet though.

I'm gonna try...About 95% right now.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

I have booked the day out ...

As long as I am not behind in Uni work I'll be there.

Hopefully I'll have my disconnects installed by then too

- Matt

Are you getting it from wooders?

Yeah Wooders fixed me up a few weeks ago, just need to find the time to put them on.

You know how it is, between the wife, work, uni, the boys and some sleep there isnt much time (boo hoo)

Maybe this weekend they will make it on. Stuffed if I'm going to crawl under the car with a spanner and socket again

- matt

Sounds like a few member are going which is great, I'm working on the wife to let me get a lift & a tow bar next week for the KJ.
    She seem's to be slowly coming around so fingers crossed, it could be an early xmas.
    Chris

Here's a tip for getting 'approval'.

When Mark first got his jeep ('97) our first 4wd outing was to the snowy region for the Jeep Roundup. I think Mark had put slightly bigger tyres (read: 31's) and removed some plastic .. not much else. When we got there there was a couple of other lifted /bigger tyre jeeps (low key in terms of what jeepers are doing these days, but they looked good) and I was like your jeep doesn't look as good as theirs. Mark was thrilled - licence to spend money (of course I had no idea how much that kind of stuff cost!, its really best not to mention that!). We keep separate bank accounts so its not really something he needs to get my go head on, but some sort of 'support/approval' is always good

So just put your jeep with a lifted one with a few of the other bells and whistles you want
    SJC Member #01

Good advice JPLyn,
    I didn't need to act on it, it's booked in at Overkill next week for the lift & fit + I picked the towbar kit up from Jeep today. Anything that helps reduce the chance of damage to our Jeep get's some attention. To bad they don't give the stuff away
    ChrisD

Hey CD,

Make sure you wave. I am guessing you are getting the skyjacker set up that I was cal;led to check shock clearances etc about.

Make sure you wave in the traffic. You won't miss me, Mines the blue KJ with the Skyjacker stickers all over it.