Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabbage Tree 29/10/06

Club Member

Default Cabbage Tree 29/10/06

Hi all,
    I am running a day trip to Cabbage Tree on Sunday, 29/10/06.

Meeting point is BP @ North Richmond (LHS coming from Richmond just after the bridge over the Hawkesbury river) @ 9:30 am for a 10:00 am departure.This will be the morning tea stop as well

As this is a "B' trip you will need to have recovery points front and rear,a snatch strap,shackles and a UHF radio(hand held is fine).

Convoy procedure will be followed and National Park rules apply(no dogs,must be registered and licenced etc)

If it is raining I will postpone the trip to another date.You can check here or call me on 0408409917 on the Sat before.Or you can drop me an email at jumbo01@optusnet.com.au

So pack your lunch and your sense of adventure,dust those winter cobwebs off the 4wd lever and come out to enjoy a trip out to one of the last local tracks left near Sydney.

[size=18px]PS [/size]As is the usual procedure with my trips the [size=18px]LAST [/size]one to arrive at the meeting point will be writing the trip report for the Wave... :evil: :twisted:

Cheers
    Jumbo
    SJC Member #004

Visitor

80% will confirm.

I'd love to but i can't do Sundays...next time

While this sounds like a great trip, I wont be able to come along. The machinery may make it, but the driver needs a few more 'C' trips under his belt before moving on to the next class.

Am very interested in seeing pics, or possibly coming along as a passenger, if anyone has a spare seat, I could be persuaded to fill it.

- matt

I'm interested as well, unlocked OK?

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

if i go you can grab a seat with me if you dare matt :evil: :evil: :evil:

This trip will be the first real test of my new suspension apart from meani arvo/night run this weekend so i am looking forward to it.

Thanks Warren,

I will take you up on that offer.

Mmmm I just got cold chils down my spine ... and why do I keep likening this experience to Homer eating Chief Wiggum's Guatamalean Insanity Pepper?

Oh well what ever doesn't kill me can only make me stronger!!

- matt

Club Member

arb87u
    No probs not really expecting anyone to commit just yet.,well except for the trip leader and tail end charlie :roll: Just thought I'd give every one as much notice as I could.

jeepy
    There is a little bit of "C" grade stuff on the way in and a nice little trail up to a look out that is suitable for stockers.You could bring yours in for the "C" and park at the top of the rough stuff.Then hitch a ride or walk down to where all the action is happening.The track is down to the river turn around and back out the same way.Pretty short but can be interesting depending on line choice. :twisted:

sir_camel
    ..was going to make it Saturday but I have a wedding to go to and this is the only week end I have free till the end of November

stevef
    Yep unlocked should be fine,we had a unlocked pootrol do it with very little problems.I'm sure we'll have plenty of eager roadbuilders around to help out when needed any way.
    SJC Member #004

I'm gonna try to make this one...Last time we were there somebody got hung up for about 2 hours and then the ranger ran us out.
    Unfinished business...
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Cpage66
    I'm gonna try to make this one...Last time we were there somebody got hung up for about 2 hours and then the ranger ran us out.
    Unfinished business...
    I remember that day