Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observation run 1st April

Default Observation run 1st April

Mick and Jumbo have organised an Observation run for the club. This involves following directions and answering clues while taking in some great scenery around the Colo area followed with a lunch at Upper Colo Reserve.

The Observation run starts at Upper Colo Reserve meeting at 8:30am on the 1st of April and finishes around lunch time at the same place where we'll have some food while the results are collated and the winner announced

Please let us know ASAP if you can or cannot make it, it should be a great day with some nice driving and a casual lunch (BYO everything) suitable for all Jeeps and all the family with minimal to none (I dont know the route) 4WDing. So come and pit your observation skills against the rest of the club. We look forward to seeing you there.

Map to the reserve

http://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/fil...oloReserve.pdf

And a Google map so you can zoom out and work out how to get there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.014849&om=1

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Club Member

That's it in a nut shell Steve. It is basically 2wd dirt,gravel and tar mix unless it's wet, you won't need 4wd, but you will definately need to have your lateral thiking caps on as some of the questions will be tough. We are expecting the last vehicle to arrive back at the campsite by about 1:30 pm.

If everyone who is coming along can post on this thread or drop me an email jumbo01@optusnet.com.au it will help ensure we get enough pace notes printed out.

Cheers Jumbo
    SJC Member #004

So who is coming along to this ... hopefully Mark and I can make it (we can do a pre-celebration of his birthday which is the 2nd April ... and its a big one!!). The last time Mick and Jumbo ran an observation rally, it was heaps of fun ... the more people the more fun!
    SJC Member #01

OK I'm in
    so long as I can find my way there

Club Member

I've been getting a few questions on how to get to the camp ground and how far away it is so here is a bit more info for you all.. BJ you won't have a problem with these directions..

It is approx 30km from Windsor bridge. Follow Putty road out for 15 km then just before Colo River bridge turn left onto Upper Colo road follow this along the river for approx 14 km and turn right(this is the only RH turn on this road) cross the wooden bridge travel approx 100m and turn sharp left there is a sign post saying Upper Colo reserve keep to the main trail and you will run straight into the camping area.If you need a map have a look @ the links Stevef has put up.

The camping area has toilets including showers(cold only) and a BBQ.Camp sites are available if anyone wants to make a weekend of it ( bookings on 02 4560 452.Mick and myself will be out there early Sat morning on the 31/3/07 setting up.

I'll be away with no computer access fron Thurs 15th and won't be able to get to your emails till Mon the 19th.

Cheers Jumbo
    SJC Member #004

See you guys there...

Club Member

No problems,will see you all out there.I'll probally be heading out friday night if I can get off work early enough.It will be on regardless of the weather,so if it looks a little over cast bring ya driza-bone..
    SJC Member #004

We'll be there

Great day, great event, great drive. Me and Bec really enjoyed it after the arguments about how fast I should drive settled down (we swapped seats )

Congrats to Mark and Lyn for winning the event, andBerniw for eventually making it back after 4 hours Look forward to seeing the pics.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

It was great fun, we're up for the next one for sure! Thanks to Mick and Jumbo for preparing the rally and congratulations to Mark and Lyn!