Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: willowglen

Club Member

Default willowglen

Ben will let you know as soon as we find out for sure.
    SJC Member #004

Default willowglen

I'd definately be keen to have ago. That is assuming I get the jeep finished by then, and you guys actually let me join the club?? Fingers crossed i'll be able to attend the next meeting and say hello.

Visitor

Default willowglen

ok you can join the club AJ :twisted:

Default willowglen

Touring Class

"Beadlocks not permitted."
    "The number of axle location links can not be changed."

I can only assume that this class will allow Long Arm Suspension as the number of CA's are unchanged as long as no Triangluation kit is installed.

Would have to find another set of wheels as I have internal Beadlocks.

Is there many Pig Pen type bog hole type stages?? Not to keen on gloopy mud.

Default willowglen

Quote Originally Posted by ando_13
    Touring Class

"Beadlocks not permitted."
    "The number of axle location links can not be changed."

I can only assume that this class will allow Long Arm Suspension as the number of CA's are unchanged as long as no Triangluation kit is installed.

Would have to find another set of wheels as I have internal Beadlocks.

Is there many Pig Pen type bog hole type stages?? Not to keen on gloopy mud.
    Willowglen has one biiiiiiiig mud run type event, mostly water in it though. The rest of the course are generally more technical though. I'd agree that longarms are probably allowed Looks like we might have a few new competitors this year, it's be great to see and I for one will be coming along to wave the SJC flag.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Default willowglen

wonder if my new torque arm (replaces rear uppers with single arm) bumps me up a class.... bah i don't care more fun, more carnage hahaha

Club Member

Default willowglen

wonder if my new torque arm (replaces rear uppers with single arm) bumps me up a class.... bah i don't care more fun, more carnage hahaha
    Last time I checked it does but after the pecker I'm sure you can handle it Warren. :P Touring class pretty much drives the same course as Trophy any how..

If you were running the RE long arm in the past you couldn't run in Touring class.Not sure about this year..Would pay to check before hand

But to tell you the truth it really dosen't make that much of a difference at Willowglen as in previous years tyre size is limited to 36.5 and anything over 33 automatically puts you into trophy class any way. Haven't had a real close look at this years rules yet This is a CCDA event so everyone has to be a member of the Cross Country Drivers Association for ins etc.You should be able to join on the day but you will have to check with the officials.

Here's one that is new this year and especially affects us Wrangler drivers:

4.7. Soft top or open top vehicles must have a roof covering the driver and
    navigator. Roofs can be manufactured of:
    a) Fiberglass or CFRP; or
    b) 3mm alloy; or
    c) 2mm mild steel or stainless.

Anyone interested check the rules out here

http://www.tlcc.com.au/tlcca/2007_Ch...booklet_A4.pdf

and CCDA here

http://ccda.4wd.org.au/cms/index.php...=getit&lid=121

Hope this didn't scare anyone off but better to know before hand what your up for rather than to get there and not pass scrutineering. This is one of the better run interclub events and a great starter for anyone who wants to get into the comp scene.It's also a fantastic weekend away for spectators..hint hint....
    SJC Member #004

Visitor

Default willowglen

i just sold my hardtop :lol:

i read that in the rules, i figured if you had some form of roll cage you would be sweet.... What about a plate bolted to a cage that just covers the front seats?

I am aiming for a 4 point harness, and tbt cage before the comp.

Club Member

Default willowglen

Warren even with a cage you still need the bit of tin over driver and navi.It's basically to stop any rocks and shrubbery ripping through the canvas in the event of a roll. it has been talked about for a long time but it finally looks like it is going to be enforced.I had to have it for Tuff truck in 2005 but it wasn't required for any other events we did...untill now..

I'll have a look through my pics and see if I can find any of the cage/roof getting built to give you some ideas...
    SJC Member #004

Club Member

Default willowglen

Here ya go

SJC Member #004