Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: willowglen

Visitor

Default willowglen

Thanks for the pics and info, that was what i was thinking of. Except that i want to make it easy to take out when on beach and the like.

who did your cage?

I am currently tossing up between a custom cage or a bolt in job like the toys by troy cage...

Club Member

Default willowglen

That was done by Kilby Enterprises down in Canberra got the number somewhere if you need it,he does a lot of off road race stuff and knows the cams rules pretty much back to front.the weld in job is pretty $$$$ especially when you add in engineers if I was to do it again I would probally go the bolt in easier and quicker. The tin top takes about 10 min to remove it's only bolted in place,we probally went over board with the bolts but as it's always on I didn't want it to rattle..
    SJC Member #004

Default willowglen

It's Lochleigh enterprises, and Rod Kilby is the guy

He also built the cage in my old TJ.. Good bloke, excellent value for money..

If anyone in the club wanted a cage though, I could probably build something similar to that and we could work something out.

CCDA rules specify a CAMS compliant cage and have done so for years, but to my knowledge they've yet to enforce it. Theoretically the factory cage in a Wrangler is not sufficient, but I don't think they're going to knock anyone back on it. Tin plate in the roof is easy enough, just use the soft top mounts!

Steve, you should ring Tony Price and ask how strict they're being about the rules this year and what things we really need to comply with.

The 2 x 1L dry chem fire extinguishers is something they will enforce, so go get yourself some of those and mount them within reach of the driver/navigator.

I don't think they will be enforcing isolation switches.

They are very strict on flare coverage, so make sure you're all up to scratch on that.

Last I checked Athol wasn't in our club, so noone should be banned for any other reasons :lol:

Visitor

Default willowglen

Quote Originally Posted by maddog

If anyone in the club wanted a cage though, I could probably build something similar to that and we could work something out.
    see my post in EJ's cage build thread on AJOR

I don't think they will be enforcing isolation switches.
    hope not, don't wanna fit one

They are very strict on flare coverage, so make sure you're all up to scratch on that.
    how strict are we talking?, i have 7" covering 35x12.5 radial claws on 3.75BS rims

Default willowglen

If you put a broomstick on the ground on the outside of your tyre where it touches the ground and touch the flare with the other end of the stick you're fine. If the top of the tyre touches the stick before the flare then you do not have enough flare coverage.

This is how they measure it at competitions

Default willowglen

Entries have to be in by the 20th of August.

All the details have now been posted here http://www.tlcc.com.au/tlcca/html/co..._info.html#How

Or let me know and I'll email you the entry pack as Tony has just sent it to me.

I can get the details for our club liability etc Do we have a 4 car team though?

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Default willowglen

we need to know how strict they are going to be on cages.....

Default willowglen

Quote Originally Posted by arb87u
    we need to know how strict they are going to be on cages.....
    Anything specific? What sort of things do you want me to find out?

This is what the 'Rule Book' says, very broad.....

4.6. A soft-top or open top vehicle must include a rollover protection system.
    4.7. Soft top or open top vehicles must have a roof covering the driver and
    navigator. Roofs can be manufactured of:
    a) Fiberglass or CFRP; or
    b) 3mm alloy; or
    c) 2mm mild steel or stainless.

Cheers
    Steve

Visitor

Default willowglen

well the tj's have a basic cage but it is in no way cams complaint. If we can confirm that the stock TJ cage is suitable (if stock is ok, everything else is) we can try and lock down numbers. People with a hardtop and a stock cage are set, people with softtops just need a plate which can be made up to attach to the door surrounds (the two bolts that hold em on).

Other than that issue AJ wanted to know if a long arm kit that is not triangulated and retains the OE CA mounts and the number of mounts have not changed will get him into the 33" or less class.

And anything else you might be able to think of, the last thing we want is to get 4 trucks and have one turned away on the day putting the whole team out of the comp. With clarification of these few points more people might come forward to compete

Default willowglen

Ok, I'll go ask these questions and try and get something back in writing.

Cheers
    Steve