Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW SITE***

Default ***NEW SITE***

Ok the site has moved to a new server and I've updated at the same time. It's barely started so a lot of stuff isn't done yet, it'll improve over the next week Any problems with the forum itself let me know, it should be a lot better

Galleries etc will be slowly moved BUT if you want your pics now let me know and I'll get them off the old site.

Oh and dont setup links directly to here as www.sydneyjeepclub.com will always work and bring you here.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Default Re: ***NEW SITE***

Looks good!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

And its fast again Still plenty to do but it's getting there. The calendar is done, you can add something in the calendar and get it to create a topic in a forum at the same time

Cheers
    Steve

Yahoo!!. Looks good Steve.
    JC Member# 094

Also try the search on the top left, it's very quick and works well The site is much better to maintain than the old setup as well.

Cheers
    Steve

Lookin good, so many new posts to read, ohh hang on......

Great work Steve ... looking good and glad to be able to get into the site again without it timing out!

Thank you!
    SJC Member #01

We should also get less spam now as users must activate thier account beofre they can post, this is done via email so bots can register but cant activate and get into the forum

Also see Lyn has used the calendar At the moment only commitee, trips and moderators can ad events but I will change that so Club Members can add events as well.

Also notice the next 14 days events come up at the bottom of the forum so you dont have to check the calendar, click on the event and it will take you to the thread for the event and you can reply and keep track of whats going on.

Cheers
    Steve

AVATARS are now uploaded, not the same as the last ones. Go to your user profile and you can select them there. I've stuck in about 50 Jeep ones and there were somestandard ones I've left.

Club Members can now and calendar events, just remember they will put a post in the forum so it is easier to add it to the calendar and let it update the forum with all the details. Make sure you select the right forum as well. Typically Trips.

Cheers
    Steve

I hate to say it but the multi coloured fonts work better in IE 7 than Firefox and the site is quite a bit faster in IE 7 fo rme as well.
    This looks better in IE 7

Cheers
    Steve