Thread: Cape York trip writeup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cape York trip writeup

Here's a report I put on a US Expedition forum that I'm a member of, ignore some of the descriptions I had to put in for our US friends and any mistakes I made

So for the last month I've been travelling in a group of Jeeps (renging from 4 to 8 as some dropped out early due to time constraints) from Sydney to the most North tip of Australia, know as 'The Tip' or 'The Cape' (Cape York Peninsula)

Anyway, I got back home today and have uploaded some pics, I wont go into heaps of details but if anyone is interested just ask questions. The total trip was around 9000km from door to door. The first 2500km was on sealed roads and then there was around 4000km of dirt and another 2500km of sealed road to finish it off

Along for the adventure was my wife and 2 year old daughter, she was great in the Jeep and put up with some of the lond days we had initially to do the roead stuff before the shorter dirt/corrugation filled days.

Anyway. some pics.

Our first camp site was Rockhampton, we stayed with relatives the two nights before this. Rockhampton is a city but a country city so it has camping right in the heart of it.

My daughter soon got the hang of the roof top tent

Just north of Cairns we crossed the Daintree River on the ferry and it was dirt from now on

We'd seen these signs for the last 1000km or so but we took more notice of them now.

Our first stop was Bloomfield falls along the Bloomfield track

Next...
    Last edited by Steve F; 17-10-11 at 10:42 AM.
    Public Officer - Member #076