I've discovered a problem with my front drivers side coil on the JK and I was hoping that someone had seen this before and has a fix for it.

Quick bit of background......I've got a 2.5" lift using SS flexy coils, adjustable front track bar to re-centre the axle and adjustable LCA's to sort out the caster. When I was under the JK the other day I noticed some paint missing from the bottom 3 or 4 coils of the drivers side spring.

After a bit more investigating it seems that, with the sway bar disconnected (and tied off so it stays horizontal), the end of the sway bar is hitting the front of the coil as it flexes.

I've tried adjusting the LCA but I can't seem to stop it from happening. Adjusting the LCA to 585mm long (so about 9mm longer than stock) seems to minimise the contact but it still hits. If I have the LCA longer than that it pushes the coil seat (and therefore the coil) further forward making the contact worse, and if I have the LCA shorter than that in pulls the coil seat backwards (and downwards I suppose) but this causes the coil itself to bow forward as it compresses so it pushes into the sway bar.

The spring also bows sideways slightly as it compresses and is contacting with the bolt heads from the steering box bolts.

Has anyone had this happen before or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to stop it from happening? I've contacted Suspension Stuff but he says he's never seen it before. His only suggestion as to try the AEV drop brackets rather than the adjustable LCA's as that will reposition the diff better. I'm happy to try this but I thought I'd check and see what others thought first. Clearly another option is to increase my bump stops to prevent the coil from compressing so much. I already have about 20mm bump stop extension in which is enough to stop the shocks from over compressing but I think I'd need at least another 50mm on top of that to stop the coil from compressing so that it hits the sway bar.

The other thing to know is that this is only an issue on the drivers side. The passenger side coil does not bow side ways towards the chassis and still has a good 10mm of clearance to the sway bar under flex

If it was happening on both sides then I'd accept that I needed bump stops or a different diff angle but I've no idea why the passenger and drivers side seem to be behaving so differently. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul