Hey all,

I am new to off roading; I have no 4x4 experience nor mechanical know how. Hence I appreciate advice from experts. I am considering purchasing a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Rubicon or Sport) to get into off roading (not at a competitive or extreme level though). I noticed that the Rubicon has special low range gears for rock crawling and also locking differentials and disconnecting sway bars as standard from the factory (over the Sport model). From my internet research I know these are useful but wanted to know what percentage of tracks in NSW, and more broadly Australia do you think these features are necessary? I do not want to be spending the money on the Rubicon or purchasing extra parts for a Sport purchase if few off road trails require them. Also if I do make an aftermarket purchase what would be the approximate price range for fitting locking diffs and sway bar disconnect? Also, has anyone had any issues of voiding their warranty through such mechanical alterations (as well as others)

Thanks