TRBN8R - Thanks for the welcome...
There's a set of General Tyres AT of 235 60 18 but unfortunately they are sold out of that sized tyre Australia wide until January at least. They also have 255 55 18 and they are available.
So basically I have 3 options, get same tyre in AT's or get one of the 2 above mentioned from General Tyres. Don't know what to do.. If I wait for the 235 60 18 I still want to get out for some light/medium 4WDriving, is that a no-no, even if you drop psi on the stock highway tyres?

It sux when you ask different 4WD guys about tyres of Jeep vehicle for example. Everyone tells you something different regarding how capable soft-roaders. But I AM convinced Jeep CHerokee KL Limited is a fairly capable crossover and with an expert driver could tackle the Simpson Sesert like the Bushranger guys did when they drove a Kia Sportage years ago

stevet -Thanks for your advice I do have a medium length very steep hill around home I will definitely give it a go with triptronic in 1st. I'll be interested to see how much it slows the engine down with light braking.. Don't know about doing it backwards though!