Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpson Desert Trip July 2010 (2nd Attempt)

unfortunately im not going to be able to get out of work. So im out

Dave, can you add Ginga (Graeme) to the Maybe List (I must stress that he is going to join the club to go on this trip) so I guess he would be last on the potentials. When will you cut the numbers off (was it ten?).

Glen, I have added Ginga (Graeme) to the maybe list on page 4. Brad, I'm sorry to see that you cannot come - but then you have that trip to Uluru planned for October, so you are still getting out there.

We have 8 definite vehicles and 6 maybes. However there are only a couple of those maybes that have spoken to me since Christmas, so I would be very surprised if they all put their hands up at the May meeting. 10 was my max number originally, and I will be surprised if we get more. After the May meeting I will start booking campsites etc, so that will be about the deadline for expressing interest, but we shall see how it goes...

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-04-10 at 10:30 PM.

yeah i know, pretty bummed i cant make, unfortunately the Uluru trip is just an "idea" haha, as to whether it happens or not is another story

Updates on Roads.

SA Transport has reopened the Birdsville Track, though 4WD only from Mungerannie to Birdsville. From a Tag Along operator at Rosehill on Saturday - apparently the car ferry over the Cooper may be operating from May - which might make things even more interesting.

The roads down to Innaminka should reopen by the end of April, so we should be able to access most if not all areas come July. The Warburton Crossing will be closed, and we will just have to see how far into the Simpson we can get from Big Red as we get there. Still no date for reopening Innaminka to Cameron Corner, I will update as I hear, but we can get around that section if we need to - travel back through Arkaroola in the Eastern Flinders Ranges or similar. Again, we can adjust the trip as needed as we go...

Desert Parks Passes going up from $107 to $110 in May, so if you want to order now, please do.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-04-10 at 10:32 PM.

People that are DEFINITELY coming, and those that have said maybe - and I have emailed itineraries to;

People that have replied that they are definites
    David G
    Eddy G & Michael D
    Glen D
    James D
    Ivan and Kellie
    Michelle and Adam
    Geoff (Jaffas) and Julie-Ann
    Ian & Ann W (Jaffas' Parents In Law)

Maybes
    Tony - tonysrich
    Casey G
    Aaron W - Azasjeep
    Ben - MOP44R
    Hunty
    Ginga - Graeme

As I have said, I will need final numbers in May to make bookings etc. If anyone on the list is not going to come, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 13-05-10 at 09:51 AM.

Visitor

hey guys... was just wondering if everyone going on this trip with us would mind post the type of jeep that are driving... ours (Adam + Michelle) is a ZJ but i'm just being nosey about what else is with us!!!

Ok Adam and Michelle, I will be driving a 2007 Cherokee KJ CRD and my son (James) will be in his 2008 JK Unlimited CRD.

Okay, I am going to collect this info and more on the registration forms, but I'll make a start. I have a 2005 Blue KJ Cherokee Diesel. Glen and James as above, and Eddy a Green JK Unlimited (the 4 door) Diesel. Ivan has a beautiful, modified Black JK 2 door, and that is all that I know from the definates. Some people have pictures of vehicles next to their posts, like me!

Dave

Default Track Update

I noticed on the SA Roads update of yesterday that the Birdsville (outside) Track is open all the way to Birdsville (with a detour around flooded area north of Moongarra Channel).

Gradually these tracks seem to be improving althrough Innaminka is still cutoff completely in all directions.

QAA LINE, POEPPEL CORNER – BIRDSVILLE is still CLOSED due to flooding, although where the closed is enforced is unclear (ie is access to Big Red and the dunes to the Erye Channel restricted?).

The colour coded map is located here

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/quick...s/northern.asp