Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ourimbah State Forrest on 20th June

I hope to make it this time.
    Ian W.

Visitor

Count me in at this stage.

Would this trip be ok for a standard unlimited rubi? After all, it technically _is_ my wifes car, I don't want to damage her new Jeep.

A few years back I used to hate 4x4's since everyone I knew only ever used them for child taxi duties. But my wife thought they looked cool, so I bought her a new Nissan Pathfinder. My thinking was that if I had a 4x4, I should use it for what it was designed for, so I joined the TLCC, and attended one of their member training days. End result = two week old pathfinder, and 1 snapped axle. Spent the next two weeks waiting for parts to arrive from Spain/Japan. My wife was not impressed. rofl

This trip is now full and reserves will be taken, I recommend some sort of lift and traction control will be good, there are rock steps and ledges to get over but has been done by standard cars. Will be some banging and side step scrapping but there is easy way around if required but tracks only get worse with time so we will see when we get there. OLLY

Put me on reserve list Golden One.

Please put me on the reserve list too

The list so far who have put their name down are, Stevet
    Hhalak
    Stevec
    D.K.
    Mop44r
    Steve
    Ianc
    Easy-rider
    Flatfender
    Hybridxj
    Reszo
    Craigb
    Tonysrich
    Be ready to go at 1015 so we can hit the trails asap, will be there right on 1000 as late night finish at work the night b4, will probably not stop for lunch as there will be plenty of time waiting around for others to get up hills so can grab a bit to eat while waiting. OLLY

Visitor

Sydney Jeepers,
    As mentioned at the last Club meeting, I'm interested in driving from Sydney to Tuggerah with a few other vehicles. There was a suggestion of meeting at McDonalds Thornleigh which seems fine. I'm not sure how long it takes to get up there but Mr Google tells me it's 70km. I'll throw an 8.45am departure out there and see if any wiser heads would like to adjust it somewhat. Steve T; any thoughts?

Ian

Your last post has me on the trip list.
    Can I confirm that please.

Quote Originally Posted by ian C View Post
    Sydney Jeepers,
    As mentioned at the last Club meeting, I'm interested in driving from Sydney to Tuggerah with a few other vehicles. There was a suggestion of meeting at McDonalds Thornleigh which seems fine. I'm not sure how long it takes to get up there but Mr Google tells me it's 70km. I'll throw an 8.45am departure out there and see if any wiser heads would like to adjust it somewhat. Steve T; any thoughts?

Ian
    I'd be happy to meet up with you @ maccas Thornleigh. 845 sounds good, leaves a bit of time in case of traffic on the F3.