Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to buy a Jeep in/near Sydney

Default Where is the best place to buy a Jeep in/near Sydney

I live in Canberra, and before you all start... no I am not a public servant!

Over the past few months I have been investigating vehicle options and came to the conclusion that the new 4-door wrangler would do me just fine. So I went to see my local dealer and went for a test drive. All good, I thought I better check out what the wife thinks, so we go back for another test drive on the weekend. All still good, and we work up a set of options and a price.

Go back in Wednesday to put down the deposit, and my super friendly salesman has now got a case of selective memory.
    Basically he would not honour the price/options agreed on the previous weekend.

As I have no tolerance for this sort of BS, I walked out the door.

So ....

Anyone know a good dealer in Sydney?

I am looking for the following spec:

Wrangler Unlimited 2010 model
    Diesel (turbo)
    Manual 6-speed
    Flame Red
    Hard-Top (I believe I need to buy the renegade pack to get this, and therefore end up with the soft top and hard top)
    Off-Road group
    Optional Side airbags
    Tow Bar
    5-year warranty

Cheers!

Lloyd

I've got to say the Dealer In Chatswood, Sydney, North Shore has been very good to me for service and is very flexible with helping out. Though I never bought the Jeep from them

yeah i second svm at chatswood.....im sure they can get what u want....

I purchased my JK from Nepean Motor Group Penrith. I found the sales staff very obliging and was able to secure a satisfactory deal.

Hi Lloyd
    If you could live without the deisel, go for a Rubicon but please don't any Non-Rubi unlimited owners shoot me as I do only have just own a TJ now don't forget!!. Only ever chased a lot of spare parts for the older ZJ grand before the TJ but always found that Nepean Motor Group were always the cheapest by up to $25.00 for some parts (electric's/ hard parts etc) then any other Jeep dealer in Sydney..( But they did go belly up 18 months or so ago but they have traded through that period?) Can not make a comment a sales folks, but one day............................................... ..
    Cheers,
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Thanks for the responses so far guys.

I am a bit curious to steves comment. I realize the rubi has the better diff setup, but I just cannot live with a petrol after driving the diesel. And the off-road group gives all but the front diff for a fairly good price.

Wish they had brought out a diesel rubi but. Poor market research on their part I think...

Visitor

The Rubi also get's 4:1 ratios in the diffs and transfer case which you don't get in the off-road group, but as an owner of the classic AMC derived 4.0L (the last of the great Jeep petrol engines!) the idea of a mini-van motor in a Jeep still has me umming and ahhing

cant honestly say that ive ever wanted more power out of the jk petrol motor... maybe a little less thirsty but not really the reason i brought a jk..... if i wanted a cheap car on fuel id have got a hyundai excel...

Don't know much about either new motor but think I would faint for a repair bill on a desiel after warrenty time after hearing about the XJ desiel repair costs buts that's another life.
    Both the Jeeps are great straight out of the box so to speak but have had some time in both so prefer a Rubicon at any time. There was a desiel released Rubi in Italy a few years back but they never made it here. Would sell maddly here if available................ As for petrol/desiel usage-- depends on how big/heavy your right foot is really................
    P.S. Don't forget to get an auto being an autofile myself.....................
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Hi Lloyd

If u go to Nepean Motor Group in Penrith see Guy Oakes in Jeep Sales section. He is a great guy. Gave me a good deal on the Jeep also got great value on my trade in. You might get it even better if you mention Bear (Reg Hill) President SJC in the conversation. Also talk to him over the phone (02-4724 5555) I think they offer free overnight accomodation at The Penrith Panthers for interstate customers.

Mani