Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunty's Jeep JK Extreme

Default Mud glorious mud

Went wheelin with the Sydney Jeep Club!
    and I'm still cleaning mud out of everything LoL - I even had to clean mud out of my wallet (and it was in my jeans back pocket) at the time of my Humungously stupid decision to follow steve into a big muddy bog hole with only my bar doors to shield me- LoL

Good news - if anyone else is stupid enough to fill their JK with my mud.
    1. the carpets all come out very easily you just need to make a 1cm cut in the carpet close to the driver and passenger front outside seat bolt and you can get all the carpets out without having to remove the seats (unlike other 4x4's)
    2. There many floor drain holes just pop them out with a screw driver.
    don't forget to pop out the bung hole in the area at the back where the Jack is stored and then just hose it all out - oh yeah - if anybody wants to know how to fix a mud clogged seat belt - just PM me
    cheers Hunty

Luv My Jeep!

Smile Rear trackbar mount upgrade

I kept ripping off the rear trackbar mount off the diff so I bought this almighty bracket of death - it will surely outlast civilisation ! - Many experienced welders had a go at bracing it up to no avail!

Luv My Jeep!

Smile

I had a great time wheelin out a Wheeny Creek!
    Just put up these pix to show some Flex - I just Love the JK!

The Mrs & I went with a mate & his Mrs - 2 Jeeps, Mine a JK on bald MTZ's 33's and his a TJ on new 33' muddy Maxxis with 2' more lift than my JK.

Things were pretty even all day until we hit up some steep steps and to the surprise of us all the JK made the climb and the TJ no matter how hard he tried was unable to get up (OK I admit it - I enjoyed it! the JK was a better heap!- LMAO)

Luv My Jeep!

Smile Wheelin out @ Wheeny Creek! - JK vs TJ

I had a great time wheelin out a Wheeny Creek!
    Just put up these pix to show some Flex - I just Love the JK!

The Mrs & I went with a mate & his Mrs - 2 Jeeps, Mine a JK on bald MTZ's 33's and his a TJ on new 33' muddy Maxxis with 2' more lift than my JK.

Things were pretty even all day until we hit up some steep steps and to the surprise of us all the JK made the climb and the TJ no matter how hard he tried was unable to get up (OK I admit it - I enjoyed it! the JK was a better heap!- LMAO)

Luv My Jeep!

So, is your TJ mate a member yet

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    So, is your TJ mate a member yet
    Nup - not Yet! - neither am I at the moment LoL - just waiting for the sjc website to settle down & then I will renew online!
    hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Hunty, I am running a trip there shortly, so what is the track currently like eg, grading, lifts needed/not needed, lifts?, rock rails, whether 1 or 2 lockers advisable or anything else relevent to the track, bi-pass's etc......................... Cheers,
    Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Nice pics hunty. Love my jeep too, even though it broke on Sunday at yalwal... Bugger.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Hunty, I am running a trip there shortly, so what is the track currently like eg, grading, lifts needed/not needed, lifts?, rock rails, whether 1 or 2 lockers advisable or anything else relevent to the track, bi-pass's etc......................... Cheers,
    Stephen T.
    Hi Mate
    I was filming up at Bilpin yesterday and went exploring with a mate (TJ) in a Jeep and was totally surprised that we ended up on the Wheeny creek run - well as far as grade goes - heres my 2c;

I give it a "B+" My jeep JK is lifted, locked and on 33's and I make it comfortably - so I would recommend 2" of lift and minimum 31's and its possible you still might on 1 or 2 of the challenges need a little assistance - I would expect no vehicle damage if driven slowly and carefully with the use of experienced spotter where applicable! - I think it is an excellent run for newbies (with appropriate vehicles) - it will demonstrate very well the importance of choosing the correct lines and being patient.

Re rock rails and rock sliders -- JK's not required unless you take the "Hunno" approach and the hardest possible line!
    Re rock rails and rock sliders -- TJ's due to their design and prone bodywork especially just in front of the rear wheels I recommend protection!
    I ran 15psi on my MTZ muddies to get maximum traction and I recommend low tyre pressures for the entire run.

Track condition is good and and there are no significant washouts or changes to the track I drove yesterday compared to late last year.

I think guys like pura vida could do it in a stock tj - but he amazes me no matter where we go!
    If you care little for your Heap.... i mean jeep you could probable do it in a std rig - but you will struggle and scape and probably need a snatch or winch up occasionally

Overall - I love this track - plenty of opportunity to polish your skills and test your Jeep - I hope you guyz have a great time and i am sorry i can't join in - Mrs and I both have to work!

FYI the return trip from McDonalds Richmond to wheeny creek ( inc running the whole track) and back is less than 100km's

Cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Thank's Hunty.............................
    JC Member# 094