Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pros & cons of new JK

if you assume Diesel is 3c/L more expensive, that a diesel saves you 4L/100Klm and the addition purchase price of a diesel car is $5000 then your buy back range is just a shade under 100,000Klms and this assumes the service price is equal which is not a true. 4wd monthly recently did a review and had the buy back many more Klms.

Many argue that diesels have a higher resale value that offsets it and that was true but as more and more petrol choices are taken away from the buying public you will find that resale value will evaporate

Buying a diesel for purely fuel economy reasons is a false economy that so many of the Australia public have been caught up in lately

If your buying for outback touring or for the great low range torque off road great but dont get suckered in just for economy reasons

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Rhino
    What grade fuel are you using? at nearly 19l, I'd be questioning that as I assume it's "standard".

With higher fuel costs on the horizon, I'd only be looking at it if they are close to the advertised figures else a 2011 diesel, which are hard to come by.

Perhaps it will improve over time...
    Who knows what fuel the stealer put in. It was "full" when I picked it up. I've now tried Caltex this week so should be interesting to see how it goes ..

Oh yeah, completely stock at the moment!'

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Who knows what fuel the stealer put in. It was "full" when I picked it up. I've now tried Caltex this week so should be interesting to see how it goes ..

Oh yeah, completely stock at the moment!'
    Mine started close to 18l/100 and kept slowly improving.... about 5000k mark it suddenly went down to about 14l/100 in city and the engine started running very freely..... Then I lifted it and put bigger tyres etc on it and it went down a bit.... Now with about 63000ks its settled at 15l/100 in city......