Thread: Steve's jk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Why would the wiring loom cause problems?
    I spoke with some one at Piranah and they strongly advised against globe upgrade on the new JK. I asked about an upgraded wiring loom and they even said they would not want to sell me a upgrade loom as it won't protect the JK's system.

I did not really want to do so but I think a set of driving lights is on the board but way down the track............

I have now reinstalled the original globes - so if someone want the 100/90's they can PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I spoke with some one at Piranah and they strongly advised against globe upgrade on the new JK. I asked about an upgraded wiring loom and they even said they would not want to sell me a upgrade loom as it won't protect the JK's system.

I did not really want to do so but I think a set of driving lights is on the board but way down the track............

I have now reinstalled the original globes - so if someone want the 100/90's they can PM me...
    the wires/wiring are/is fine - However jk's have a current sensors on all circuits and if you change the headlight globes to nearly double the std wattage you risk tripping out the current sensors - this will be evident by the lights coming on for a few seconds and then turning off and then cycling from on to off kinda like your own personal disco LoL

my 2 cents - if you have jacked up your JK, ( 2" right Steve) your lights will already be in the rear vision mirror of cars you are following and a 90watt low beam will be very uncomfortable for the car in front especially whilst waiting at red traffic lights - I pity you if that car is a hwy patrol LoL

if you intend to run 90/100w globes then there is an easy solution, just run 1 of the 2 headlights off a relay. (double pole - hi & low beam)
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    the wires/wiring are/is fine - However jk's have a current sensors on all circuits and if you change the headlight globes to nearly double the std wattage you risk tripping out the current sensors - this will be evident by the lights coming on for a few seconds and then turning off and then cycling from on to off kinda like your own personal disco LoL

my 2 cents - if you have jacked up your JK, ( 2" right Steve) your lights will already be in the rear vision mirror of cars you are following and a 90watt low beam will be very uncomfortable for the car in front especially whilst waiting at red traffic lights - I pity you if that car is a hwy patrol LoL

if you intend to run 90/100w globes then there is an easy solution, just run 1 of the 2 headlights off a relay. (double pole - hi & low beam)
    cheers Hunty
    Good points Hunty. I'll stick with the stock ones for sure.