Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Skizzi jk

I've been thinking about upgrading using the synergy long arm upgrade kit but so far the short arm is doing ok. Once all the bushes are stuffed maybe...

jk's arent in desperate need for long arms like the tj........ unless you go stupid high, which you dont need either........ a short arm jk works well........

I got a feeling George's rig is one of those you just point in the direction you want to go and it's up, whatever the obstacle

Visitor

We should get you both out to Wheeny Creek

I still haven't been out to Wheeny Creek....might have to come along and watch

Visitor

I got my little TJ to the end with no lockers and no chicken tracks,

Well worth the trip out there and its about 15 mins from Richmond

Will run a trip up there some time in January 2013

Visitor

Skizzi, The Synergy LA kit looks like it would be a worthy upgrade especially to compliment an existing Synergy setup. I looked pretty long and hard at three kits including that but in the end settled on the Teraflex LA kit because of the cost, the suppport and completeness of the kit. I was going to run with a EVO high clearance kit but it got all too hard for EVO. I think if you upgrade you will be happy. I'll let you know how mine goes when if finally gets here. Leaving the USA on a ship next week so i don't expect it untill end of Jan, early Feb which is very frustrating.
    The idea of point n shoot with the JK is what i'm going for and contrary to other peoples train of thought, i don't believe that a long arm is for stupid high lifts. 4" with 37's will be sweet. The advantage of the LA is that it will generally smooth out your ride making it a better rig all round.
    Skizzi i think your truck articulates really well by the photos i've seen. Long arms will not make that any better as we all know it comes to shock length, but it's the extreme angles that the short arm sees at full flex over the LA that make the difference.
    Hopefully we can all stand around kicking our tyres soon over a beer or two to discuss this further..

Cheers

George

A warning - While I did not go all out with my lift I did get a Monster track bar from teraflex. Only installed for 3 months and the sleeve adjustment bolts have stripped their thread. While they were rated at 8.8 & torqued to correct number, they certainly were not capable of even 40lb when it's recommended to do 60lbs. Luckily I saw this the other day ^replaced them both. I think their bolts are inferior.
    I have read other forums where this is very common.
    Steve

Yea I'm noticing the bushes are getting really stressed at full flex and the long arms will help that. If next year is a good year ill consider. It's one of those mods that always comes to mind but I end up spending on something else.
    Eg. Waiting on an AEV roof rack to arrive. Needed extra storage for camping with 4 people

Visitor

I am curious to see how the bolt on long arm kits will go with the crd's.....