Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Watagans

DK, great input.
    I remember that trip Miraz lead, it was a good one though I did snap my front prop shaft on the WJ CV design!

and others who are interested. Let's meet this Saturday do just do a recce, no real hard driving. I suggest meet at 10am at the back of the twin servos on the F3.
    Let me know if that's OK with you guys or suggest another place/time.

ps Sorry I missed your call last night Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    DK, great input.
    I remember that trip Miraz lead, it was a good one though I did snap my front prop shaft on the WJ CV design!

and others who are interested. Let's meet this Saturday do just do a recce, no real hard driving. I suggest meet at 10am at the back of the twin servos on the F3.
    Let me know if that's OK with you guys or suggest another place/time.

ps Sorry I missed your call last night Dave.
    Good stuff, I'll be up there about 930 to grab some breckie beforehand, I'll have my cameraman on board this trip so a couple of side tracks might be called for to grab some footage

Visitor

Sounds good. Im sure we can slip in something of interest along the way. See you guys at the Twin Servo then.

Righto D.K. & rhino and any one else

We could be in but have to check back on Friday night

Maybe - will see tomorrow

Your company and input are welcome miraz

Visitor

As this was a recce trip and not an official club trip i wont go into much description.
    4 Jeeps: Steve C., Rhino., D.K., Larry&Cliff. Thanks to Larry & Cliff for local knowledge.
    Basically:

1. Buangi Rd - off camber steps graded flat, and gated at the end. Short hill climbs still intact at the "hairpin bend"
    2. Track connecting Yambo & Docs Rd - OK, but treefall on joining Docs Rd. (C+.)
    3. Side Track Loop with rutted hill climb off Lemon Tree - very good. (C+)
    4. LemonTree Rd. Infamous Bog hole. Hole can be avoided with care.

Prickly Ridge Rd is now graded and no longer like a war zone.

Myself and Rhino: Tracks off Prickly Ridge - The 2 tracks in from lower entrance to SawPit (B-), CPT80 (B-), Dope Hill (C+)

Cheers

Dave K
    Last edited by D.K.; 06-01-13 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D.K. View Post
    As this was a recce trip and not an official club trip i wont go into much description.
    4 Jeeps: Steve C., Rhino., D.K., Larry&Cliff. Thanks to Larry & Cliff for local knowledge.
    Basically:

1. Buangi Rd - off camber steps graded flat, and gated at the end. Short hill climbs still intact at the "hairpin bend"
    2. Track connecting Yambo & Docs Rd - OK, but treefall on joining Docs Rd. (C+.)
    3. Side Track Loop with rutted hill climb off Lemon Tree - very good. (C+)
    4. LemonTree Rd. Infamous Bog hole. Hole can be avoided with care.

Prickly Ridge Rd is now graded and no longer like a war zone.

Myself and Rhino: Tracks off Prickly Ridge - The 2 tracks in from lower entrance to SawPit (B-), CPT80 (B-), Dope Hill (C+)

Cheers

Dave K
    great afternoon of wheeling Dave !! You have a very capable truck

lets do it again sometime

We did not take any photos but it was an eventful trip. For me any way.

It was only at the end that we (I) came to trouble but did not realise it until I got home. Dave and Larry were smart and went an 'alternative way' but Ryan and I decided to go up the guts of it. Big mistake though the mud hole.

Now kids - Lessons learnt:

1. Do not enter mud hole with roof off.
    2. Check more thoroughly possibilty of possible damage.
    3. do not be smart just because the toyota boys in front took 2 hours to extract their vehicle. mind you it was a troopy so pretty heavy thing!
    4. Do not enter mud unless you want a high water bill next quarter.
    5. ensure you think before you enter that mud hole.
    6. ensure you think.....
    7. make sure wife is busy somewhere else so the complaining is avoided.

The big problem, is that many track closures with gates, mounds and trees across entrances but more frustrating gates at the end of a track with no warning at the beginning.

Mind you there are still tracks that are interesting but you need to find them. Many are dead ends. no biggy but means you need to ensure there are areas to turn around, especially with a larger group.

A BIG THANK YOU to Larry and his mate Cliff. Dave also did a great job and without their assistance, it would be very difficult to enjoy your day at the Watagans
    They know the area well.

which brings me to the final point for this Saturday's trip. I'll need to fix the fender before I venture out again. I need at least the 6 clips that hold the fender else it will flap around....., SO..... if Dave or Larry can lead this trip, then I and the others would be really grateful. The loop road we did with some nice climbs would be great to incorporate in the day

Steve
    ps the wife just saw the fender. my ears hurt now!! and I got that look.

let us know