Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Combined camping weekend with our Canberra ACTJC colleagues

If required I can make sure our bbq is available

Visitor

Lets wait for confirmation whether ACTJT is going to purchase a new bbq before we offer to bring our. If Stuart (ACTJT) advise me they will not be purchasing one before the planned weekend then we will offer to bring our.

Hi we will be attending thanks. We where going to bring the camper

Sorry team, I'm out. Other family committments have arisen.

Thanks Guys,

I can confirm our club will unlikely have a BBQ prior to this event. I think we will be luck to have agreement before Xmas LOL.

ACTJT will be happy to do either a BBQ if someone is willing to transport one (I can supply a gas bottle to save transporting one from Sydney), otherwise we will be just as happy to do camp ovens

Visitor

As ACTJT has confirmed they will not be able to purchase a new bbq before our planned camping weekend, can we use our club bbq? ACTJT offered to provide gas tanks.

shouldn't be a problem

Visitor

How and when do we pay the entry fee?

Quote Originally Posted by XJeepers View Post
    Hi Guys,

Stuart from ACT Jeep TrAction. I have booked Blue Range Hut for our exclusive use. Fees are $8 per person (over 15 years of age) per night, payable to myself as Treasurer (a receipt will be provided). ACTJT will pick up the $63 per night exclusive use fee and other fees. No fire wood will be available so please bring a bag or two. The campground can only accommodate 2-3 camper trailers in the car park, but has an abbundance of space for tents and swags.

I was going to run a BBQ, but I have discovered our club BBQ has gone AWOL, so perhaps we can do a camp oven cook off or something.

We will run a C/C- grade trip to Flea Creek-Webbs Ridge-McIntyres Hut and back out via Mt Coree.

I will also run a C+/B grade trip to Corin. Corin always has a good chance of bush pin striping, so if you are precious about you paint work, then you might want to give this one a miss.

We will also look at doing a night drive if people are interested, but I will wait to see who is interested and come up with something that is appropriately graded.

I will be in camp at 4pm on the Friday (I will be on UHF27), and look forward to seeing you all then.

Regards,
    Stuart

Visitor

I will email Stuart from ACTJT and have him put a thread to advice how and when to pay the camp site fees.

Please also see Stuart thread with the web link to find the camp site, and please note what channel he advised to contact him when arriving on Friday. Someone should tune their radio to channel 15 after arriving at the camp site goe those who may forget Stuart stated channel.

Visitor

As the fires are burning up here in the Blue Mountains, I'm posing this whilst I look into options also - in the event of total fire ban - how does one cook a meal? I have a trangia burner that, even though it uses methylated spirits, would be worried to use it in the bush in a total fire ban situation - does anyone else have a way to cook up during a total fire ban?