Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zig Zag / Pipeline Sunday 8th December 2013

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    If we get more people we could potentially split the groups, I could run a group if you like Steve?

we don't want people to miss a day of fun.
    If we get a few more on the reserve list that could be a option. The the group gets to big we could just do power line track witch still offers some great challenges. If we get time we could do pipeline.

Last time dave and and I did pipeline it was very rutted out and wouldn't suit every one.

We will see how many we get and go from there.

Last time I came across a group doing pipeline it took them 3 hours with 7 4wds and that was only about 1km of the track

Quote Originally Posted by Steven.Boyd View Post
    Last time I came across a group doing pipeline it took them 3 hours with 7 4wds and that was only about 1km of the track
    Wow, last time i did pipeline, i did it in my old jk, unlocked in 5 mins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    Wow, last time i did pipeline, i did it in my old jk, unlocked in 5 mins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave and i did it on about 10min but it was getting very cut out. and has the potential to difficult for the longer wheel base of the 4 door.

Will see how many people we get and judge track conditions once we get there. If this rain keeps up could make for an interesting day even on powerlines

Visitor

Last time I did Pipeline it was a couple of years ago before the lift, with the old OE tyres, and in the wet. Sounds like it might be a little more challenging now. Would love to see how different it is now that I've got some height, some flex and some traction. I'll have to wait until next time though.

Visitor

Last time I did pipeline we did it in 5 mins also, that was at jambo with a grand Cherokee also, lol

Pipeline is one of those tracks, 5 mins with the right line or 20 mins or more if one of the steps is chewed out and you take the wrong line.

Cheers
    Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Public Officer - Member #076

Steve. Put me on the list as a reserve please - yep really did fill up fast. Have the Jeep booked into Langs for regearing at the start of that week, so all going well might get a change to test out some new ratios. Jas

Visitor

All three steps were well chewed out when I did it about 2 months ago. We can assess the track once we get up there.

Visitor

Hi Steve,
    I'm also going to do the Swingbridge run on Satuday, I'm thinking about an overnight camp, Mani suggested, 'Lake Lyle camp site', then its just short run to Lithgow/ZigZag on sunday moring, Is there a meet point/meet time at ZigZag and I'll catch up with you there?
    Thanks, Rob

Visitor

Hi Steve, unfortunately I'll have to pull out, I have been volunteed to assist my other half with visiting family from overseas.

Cheers Rob