Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bowtel's Swing Bridge Saturday 07th Dec 2013

Visitor

Sounds like another interesting day out with the SJC.

Unfortunate that Dr Richard didn't get quite the day he planned but kudos for jumping in and helping out. Not everyone would, not even all the doctors!

That shot with the helicopter on the road makes it look damn tight in there for getting a helicopter of that size in. Not sure if it's just the angle of the photo but there doesn't look to be a lot of space between the blades and the trees. Kodos the pilot as well.

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I think all the occupants in the accident will pull through, however the little 2 year old we had to sedate had us worried.
    As for Mani's comment about finding out I was a Dr, my official results of passing med school were only released that morning - which I missed in the early start and accident. So it makes two of us Mani lol. Thanks for organising the trip Mani!
    It was a shame that we couldn't catch up with the convoy, as it sounds like some fun was still salvaged! this trip was the first time Jackie and I had done anything like it - the sight of ten Jeeps rolling through the blue mountains made the school boy in me grin. Mani's running commentary was also a highlight.
    It was also great to quickly meet some of you - it was a good group... Next time!
    Kind regards,
    Rich and Jackie

Visitor

Thanks Mani for organising the trip, it was great fun, informative and great learning experience for the newbies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeythebandit View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I think all the occupants in the accident will pull through, however the little 2 year old we had to sedate had us worried.
    As for Mani's comment about finding out I was a Dr, my official results of passing med school were only released that morning - which I missed in the early start and accident. So it makes two of us Mani lol. Thanks for organising the trip Mani!
    It was a shame that we couldn't catch up with the convoy, as it sounds like some fun was still salvaged! this trip was the first time Jackie and I had done anything like it - the sight of ten Jeeps rolling through the blue mountains made the school boy in me grin. Mani's running commentary was also a highlight.
    It was also great to quickly meet some of you - it was a good group... Next time!
    Kind regards,
    Rich and Jackie
    Mani!! Me thinks, next time should be SOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redrubi View Post
    Mani!! Me thinks, next time should be SOON!!!
    Sorry Andy but I am going overseas in 3 weeks time for about a month...... So gotta get busy shopping for gifts etc..... My next trip now would be Feb 2014...... Probably planning to do a 3 day camping trip to Lake Lyle..... Reach Friday afternoon about 1400Hrs..... Camp overnight, Hit Capertee Saturday..... Hit Lake Lyle or Zig Zag Sunday for a quick short trip packup and head back home.....

It will give a nice start and experience to camping newbies like me.....

Sent from Asus Fonepad using Tapatalk

Visitor

Thanks to Mani for organising the trip and all the Jeepers and their partners/co-pilots. i really enjoyed the day.
    i am already looking forward to seeing everyone of you on the trails again.

after 8 long hours of uploading, i am able to share the photos and videos i took.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nd1d15n294t13rl/_0BytE9Nt8

hope you guys enjoy them.

Richard

Visitor

Richard - those videos were great! Much better than studying haha

(After a couple of beverages) I was cheering out loud when Moon, Rahul and Richard H cleared their obstacles hehe - great work guys ! Great to see the vid of Rahul go the easy track and then go the more challenging one! Moon (if youre reading this) great work getting that Cherokee around! Looks great

Rhys - you drive a Rubi and have lockers and swaybar disconnects... You don't get a mention except for that i'm disappointed that you got hooked up where you did... :P !! Good driving mate! (*maybe* the next time I'm out that way I'll try out the line you took if I dont have too much caffeine that morning )

Hey Dan, yeah it was a shocker, didnt line it up right, rookie mistake. Tackled some other hectic climbs, good to have Mani and Andy there to walk me thru it, had a play in a couple of mud puddles. Gotta remember to take some sunscreen next time, i got terrible tan lines right now and its burning like hell from having the roof off.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by DozerRubi13 View Post
    Hey Dan, yeah it was a shocker, didnt line it up right, rookie mistake. Tackled some other hectic climbs, good to have Mani and Andy there to walk me thru it, had a play in a couple of mud puddles. Gotta remember to take some sunscreen next time, i got terrible tan lines right now and its burning like hell from having the roof off.
    The vids looked great from my side boss! As said, I havent taken that line yet so I tip my hat to you for beating me to it! (btw - why weren't you wearing a hat?! Can only imagine the annoyance you're in right now and yes, I'm glad that I didn't get burnt by the sun for once hehe) Coming down for Grease Monkey?

Secretary

Hey Fussy, thanks very much for the effort and patience in putting the videos and pics together. Much appreciated.
    rich