Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep's on the Beach Day. Stockton Beach.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by moon_cherokee View Post
    Hi everyone ! Do not bury the Cherokee too quickly ! I will try to join as well !
    No one is burying anything boss, come along for a great day out!!

Visitor

Just as an update: I have an appointment with the dealer this Friday with regards to a warranty issue on the water pump on my JK... I am now an unknown with this trip as the pump is making noises after 15 minutes of driving to and from work - really not 100% if i'm comfortable in testing it out on an all day drive :/

I had my water pump making chirping noises for a few months. Did the whole Snowies trip and then changed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    I had my water pump making chirping noises for a few months. Did the whole Snowies trip and then changed it.

Just noticed it this morning, but mine is now chirping real good going from Lapstone to Mulgoa Rd M4 exit @ the Riff (ie - 5 minute drive in traffic)- already have a vid of the sound it makes and its an early night for me as the JK is due at the dealer @ 7am - what's your verdict on doing one that is out of warranty mate?

On the 3.8, it took about half hour to swap

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    On the 3.8, it took about half hour to swap

Yea, but you're a freakin wizard with this stuff - would probably take me 4 days & 8 bottles of scotch after beating the crap out of myself trying to fix it... Thank politicians (for once) for making sure that manufacturers warranties are sacred to an extent...

If u need, i can help u out with it.... Even to get the part... I have a contact for spares

Visitor

Very much appreciated mate, but have black betty booked in for a 'diagnostic' with the dealer @ 7am tomorrow for them to hear the water pump squealing like a bad 'Deliverance' actor and then make the warranty call (hopefully) ... As I will say on Sunday (again) I really do appreciate your help though !

Visitor

Would love to come to this event guys. Since I'm yet to join the club my plan is to come to the meeting on Wednesday @ Rays and become a member.
    Would I be able to go on the trip to Stockton with my "stock" Wrangler (TJ) with the group?
    I do have a rear hitch with recovery shackle but the front is just stock ... just the eyelet on the top of the bumper. Worst case I could unbolt the bumper (once off road) and be recovered by the front cross-member - should such opportunity arise...eh?
    I do have UHF, compressor, shovel, two snatch straps and a hat.

a newbie question: do you have to clean underneath your car after a sand drive? if so how well do you clean it?