Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Daniels Point Road - Charity Run

Awesome day, Nic and I loved it. Had a great time and stayed on my feet most of the time.

Secretary

Thanks everyone for a great day. I am always amazed at the willingness of everyone to jump in and get involved, even the random passers by. Thanks Thomas for organising and nice to see club friends and meet new ones. I'll get some pics up soon.

rich

Secretary

Here's some pics and vids. Works best with wifi or strong coverage.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eacv3jb4q...FYFarL2Ha?dl=0

rich

Secretary

Here is a link to a video from the day. It's in two parts - the first is called 'SJC daisychain saves bikers from the mud' also known as 'Thomas this is the best trip EVER'.
    The second part is called 'Rup has a mud bath and becomes an unwitting winch anchor point'. The video is only about 4 mins long.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aw3gixnti06bt64/AAAGpFFioeWdYISfjgJiRmR3a?dl=0

Visitor

Great vid rich

Association Delegate

Trip Report:

On Sunday 31st August 2014 10 Jeeps (all Wranglers) departed Thornleigh McDonalds at 8am for the Watagans. Due to the constant rain for three weeks prior to the wheel it was decided that Daniels Point Road would be suicide so another route was picked. After a brief stop at the twin servos on the M1 Steven Boyd led the convoy through a little known track from the highway to Hue Hue Rd. A brief run on the tarmac led us to the start of Lemon Tree Road in Olney State Forrest.

We aired down and disconnected at the beginning of the track and headed off shortly after 9:30am. The first few kilometers were quite uneventful with nothing challenging the Jeeps other than the occasional puddle. Then a corner was turned...

The following 300m took the group close to 4 hours to get through! Steven Boyd was the first Jeep to make it through with a couple of winches, followed by myself. Rup tried to take another line which didn't work out so he ended up taking this one:

Once another couple of cars winched through a couple of trail bikes came around the corner and promptly got themselves bogged! Being a helpful group of Jeepers we formed a human chain gang (due to the incredibly slippery conditions) and pulled them both out. Not long after that a few other 4WD enthusiasts wandered down the track and after some friendly banter about their Toys and Nissans arriving to pull our Jeeps out they settled in and helped out when able.

Rich Henning was the last Jeep to come through the bog and despite probably being the most nervous out of us, it was agreed that he drove the lower line the best! As Rich was being winched back onto the right line to exit the bog the winching car's battery died. As the helpful Nissan driver came down to jump the Jeep he diffed out and was pulled out by Boyd's Jeep!

After Rich made it out the of bog we collected our recovery gear and headed on. We made it to the end of Lemon Tree Road without further issue and whilst some stopped for lunch a small group of Jeeps headed down Cut Rock Road for an explore and some mud-less rock crawling. At approximately 4pm we decided to call it a day and headed down Watagan Forest Dr towards the M1.

I would like to thank everyone that came along on the day and particularly thank those that have contributed to the Ride to Conquer Cancer. The aim of the trip was to have a tonne of fun and raise some money for those with cancer and I think we achieved this.

Cheers,

Thomas

Association Delegate

Default Trip report

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_jk View Post
    Trip Report:

On Sunday 31st August 2014 10 Jeeps (all Wranglers) departed Thornleigh McDonalds at 8am for the Watagans. Due to the constant rain for three weeks prior to the wheel it was decided that Daniels Point Road would be suicide so another route was picked. After a brief stop at the twin servos on the M1 Steven Boyd led the convoy through a little known track from the highway to Hue Hue Rd. A brief run on the tarmac led us to the start of Lemon Tree Road in Olney State Forrest.

We aired down and disconnected at the beginning of the track and headed off shortly after 9:30am. The first few kilometers were quite uneventful with nothing challenging the Jeeps other than the occasional puddle. Then a corner was turned...

The following 300m took the group close to 4 hours to get through! Steven Boyd was the first Jeep to make it through with a couple of winches, followed by myself. Rup tried to take another line which didn't work out so he ended up taking this one:

Once another couple of cars winched through a couple of trail bikes came around the corner and promptly got themselves bogged! Being a helpful group of Jeepers we formed a human chain gang (due to the incredibly slippery conditions) and pulled them both out. Not long after that a few other 4WD enthusiasts wandered down the track and after some friendly banter about their Toys and Nissans arriving to pull our Jeeps out they settled in and helped out when able.

Rich Henning was the last Jeep to come through the bog and despite probably being the most nervous out of us, it was agreed that he drove the lower line the best! As Rich was being winched back onto the right line to exit the bog the winching car's battery died. As the helpful Nissan driver came down to jump the Jeep he diffed out and was pulled out by Boyd's Jeep!

After Rich made it out the of bog we collected our recovery gear and headed on. We made it to the end of Lemon Tree Road without further issue and whilst some stopped for lunch a small group of Jeeps headed down Cut Rock Road for an explore and some mud-less rock crawling. At approximately 4pm we decided to call it a day and headed down Watagan Forest Dr towards the M1.

I would like to thank everyone that came along on the day and particularly thank those that have contributed to the Ride to Conquer Cancer. The aim of the trip was to have a tonne of fun and raise some money for those with cancer and I think we achieved this.

Cheers,

Thomas
    Thomas Mate,

Please send this to Jose for the Wave Mag!

Association Delegate

If people came along on the day and still have not donated - please do! The ride is in 4 weeks time and I am still working hard towards achieving my $2500 goal - i'm 75% of the way there! Please donate via: http://sy14.conquercancer.org.au/sit...nal&fr_id=1143

Thanks everyone for your support.

Thomas