Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Steves JK

Wiring all done for the solar, seems to work very well so far. I mounted the regulator on standoff cross pieces to below the solar panel so it got good airflow, it's also done so I can just see the indicator LED's when I go to the drivers door, piece of mind that it is working as it should be. The regulator is fully sealed in epoxy and is IP68 rated (6 means no ingress of dust 8 means powerful jets of water and is one below submerged).

From the front

With no load has the battery at 13.2v (overcast as well today)

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Not really related but shot out to Clarke Rubber this morning and grabbed one of their swag mattresses (on special at the moment), now my swag has 10cm of mattress, this one goes under the egg crate mattress in it already, and is very comfy, all ready for the June long weekend away. Still fits the straps around it when rolled up as well.

http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/mattre...mmx2000mm.html

Cheers
    Steve

More parts on the way, ordered a Flex-A-Lite transmission cooler in preparation for Fraser Island over the New Year.

Plan to use this as a guide for fitment, I was going to buy a kit for the JK but at over twice the price and with a smaller cooler this seemed better value

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/tr...ission-cooler/

Cheers
    Steve

I bought mine from super cheap I think. Made up a bracket so as to not fit it straight onto the condenser .
    Straight forward install. You'll need about an extra litre of oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I'll be mounting on straps like this.

Cheers
    Steve

Fitted a mesh behind the grill in preparation for the cooler, not sure if the stick on cable tie holders will stay there (although the ones mounted to the underside of the solar panels are doing fine) but if they don't I'll silicon it on when I do the cooler

Also, my tablet would go flat after a few days if I didn't turn it off. So I now have a folding 20W panel to keep it topped up when the Jeep is parked for a few days so the tablet is always ready to go. Testing at the moment.

Cheers
    Steve

The awning arrived today, even has a black cover which is handy. Now to work out how to mount it to the rack, I think I'll make some custom brackets for it as I want it to sit below the rack and up tight against it, still plenty high enough and won't reduce clearance.

Cheers
    Steve

Made a mid morning cuppa on my wood gasification stove, works great, doesn't need much wood and small twigs and sticks do the job Packs small and fits in the nested pots I have so all good with a 2 door.

Drop it in, light from the top, used a magnesium rod to light some lint and then chucked on some leaves and blew on it, worked a treat.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 19-05-16 at 12:46 PM.

Fitted the awning on the weekend

Brackets mounted using a pair of light mount brackets, really solid and tidy as well.

Sits just below the rack so no change in clearance.

Cheers
    Steve

Tested out the awning.

Has a sail track edge so I can extend it with a tarp I already have or use my tarp as a wall when camped under the awning.

Cheers
    Steve