Thread: Greg's 2014 Grand Cherokee

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chill4,

The Drifta Drawers:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...pselgw6fx3.jpg

They were custom built, with wings on each side, and about 100cm square, so they could be attached to the tie down points in the cargo area.
    I did not realise that the tie-down points were so flimsy when I had them built, and I am planning to replace them with reinforced tie-down points when (if) they are sold by Chief Products.
    They were supplied with turnbuckles to secure, but I replaced these with centre-over levers. I needed the drawers to be removable to access the spare wheel etc, although on trips I carry a second spare externally.
    The space under the wings can be utilised (access from rear, and from the front with the seat back down).

On the left is a regular drawer, with a removable table at the top (going full width under the wing). The table has built in legs, which is handy.
    On the right is a 'kitchen drawer'. It functions as a regular drawer, or, for long stays, the whole thing can be removed (again, with built-in legs), and set up externally. Good if staying in one pace for a couple of nights, but not practical (or necessary) for a one-night stop. I might get a regular drawer made for this side as an optional alternative.

This setup doesn't leave a lot of space for a fridge, so I use the back seat, with the seat-back up, on the passenger side, and reclining the front passenger seat locks it in place. I also carry a second battery in the footwell ebhind the front passenger seat (under the fridge), in an ArcPac, that is also 'locked-in' by the front seat.

Hope this helps.
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg D; 18-05-16 at 05:38 PM.