Thread: New lift law

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Our JK has been through the track testing for certification and went fine. 35" tyres with 4" lift. Wheel offset is changed to be a wider track which helps stability but basically its about the ECS and the lift geometry correction. You change the parameters in the computer with a Procal unit. This also made changes for the diff gear ratio changes.

so if done right, the ECS is not an issue.

Old rules, generally it is thought that 33"s on a 2" lift are OK.

New rules seem to give another 1" flexibility.

Suggest you speak to a certifier, they offer a consult service, mine cost $250. They'll tell you steps you need to make and what is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Our JK has been through the track testing for certification and went fine. 35" tyres with 4" lift. Wheel offset is changed to be a wider track which helps stability but basically its about the ECS and the lift geometry correction. You change the parameters in the computer with a Procal unit. This also made changes for the diff gear ratio changes.

so if done right, the ECS is not an issue.

Old rules, generally it is thought that 33"s on a 2" lift are OK.

New rules seem to give another 1" flexibility.

Suggest you speak to a certifier, they offer a consult service, mine cost $250. They'll tell you steps you need to make and what is involved.
    I 2nd Dru's comment, I am almost through the process now, and find the engineer he recommended very helpful.

On the whole on minor corrections:
    * Front axel truss to reinforce the weak Dana 30s (kicking myself yet again for not going Rubicon!)
    * Front and Rear mudflaps
    * Replace cable ties on power line to rear winch with P-Clips
    * Move side mounted Hi Lift to roof

I am booked into go through the process in early January

Just hope I don't have a smash and find myself uninsured between then and now and then!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk