Thread: NSW Outback and Opals - July 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gday Dave.
    Can you please put me on the maybe list for the NSW trip as atm I’m planing on waiting till the borders open as seeing south Australia So expecting to leave Sydney on the 28 July. .
    I’m planing on using most of your original trip notes up till Marree then heading off on the Oodnadatta track possibly even heading to Uluru for a few days then to mt dare and doing the French line and connecting again with your notes at poppel corner and following your notes again.
    Hoping to do it all in 3 weeks.
    Any hint or tips for planing would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Gday Dave.
    Can you please put me on the maybe list for the NSW trip as atm I’m planing on waiting till the borders open as seeing south Australia So expecting to leave Sydney on the 28 July. .
    I’m planing on using most of your original trip notes up till Marree then heading off on the Oodnadatta track possibly even heading to Uluru for a few days then to mt dare and doing the French line and connecting again with your notes at poppel corner and following your notes again.
    Hoping to do it all in 3 weeks.
    Any hint or tips for planing would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Mariner,

No worries, I'll put you back on the Maybes. I'll email you the plan I have for Uluru etc 2021 as it sounds like you might be going a year early. I think 3 weeks is optimistic unless you are doing more tar and less dirt... It's a long way and it's nice to stop and enjoy from time to time.

Let me know what you decide.

Dave