Thread: ZJ Brake upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slotted rotor's will clean the disc/pads better then solid rotors. Any, Any rotor can warp if care is not taken at times, eg, after coming down a slope with heavy braking all the way. Sensible thing to do is to stop, check out the water crossing if unfamiliar/ or a familiar one, as some will tell you within the club. This will give your brake rotors that bit of time to cool down enough to hopefully prevent any rotor warping. Only had solid rotors in my old JZ, replaced x2 over time, but slotted rotors were going to be on the list when possible but the standard ones will do the job in most circumstances.........Don't know if they would have made a great deal of difference with my style of driving at the time..........no rush to get anywhere in a hurry....................
    P.S. Have some black leather Laredo seats for sale........
    Last edited by stevet; 27-10-10 at 09:25 PM.
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    P.S. Have some black leather Laredo seats for sale........
    I already have aftermarket bucket seats up front but could use a double cardan driveshaft if you still have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a_boogs View Post
    I already have aftermarket bucket seats up front but could use a double cardan driveshaft if you still have it!!!
    Sold already.... Still have the old rear one for a spare for anyone......................
    JC Member# 094