Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Australia Tour - June / July 2014

Hi "Nuclear"

If that is true, your JK shouldn't need any fuel at all haha!

If you can send me a PM with your email address, I can send you a copy of the Itinerary, which has all my suggestions for mods/equipment/spares/stuff that you should need. If you are at the club meeting on Wednesday I will have copies with me and am happy to have a chat.

In brief, your car needs a comprehensive service - the trip is 7500km or so, lots of dirt, and some will be rough! If you break down, recovery and repairs will be very expensive!

I'd recommend having light truck construction all terrain tyres, or muddies if that's what you've got. We will be driving on gibber (sharp rocks) and these hold up much better than passenger construction (stock) road tyres. I have LT All Terrains and I will have 6 wheels and tyres with me just in case.

It never hurts to have aftermarket suspension, but a stock JK should be okay for clearance.

And seriously - fuel - you need carry enough to to go 500km in high range at least.

Hope to hear from you by PM or at the meeting.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 29-03-14 at 05:28 PM.

Association Delegate

Thanks for adding me! Looking forward to the trip.

Thomas

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I’ve finally got around to making a group email list. If you didn't get the email I just sent please PM me a correct address and I will send again.

I couldn’t get to Grease Monkey, so out of guilt for missing another SJC event, I made all the bookings for our trip to Uluru today!

I attached two documents to the email. The first is the Bookings Sheet of all the places we are camping, their contacts, the details of what I’ve booked and the actual costs! You may be pleased to know that the costs are less than what I guestimated in the itinerary. Campsites with power where available comes down from my guess of $704.60 to $547.10, so we’ve saved nearly $160 there. Unpowered camping comes down from the guess of $490.60 to $422.10. Nearly $70 off! Reckon I’ve done okay! These prices are per person, but at most places the price for two people is the same or just a few more dollars, not double!

I have reserved 10 unpowered campsites at most places. At Ayers Rock and Alice Springs I have reserved powered sites, as it came to pretty much the same cost anyway, and I was able to get a coach bay with a shelter at Ayers Rock. What you need to do is decide if what I have organised is good enough.

If you want to upgrade to a powered site where available, or upgrade to a cabin/caravan or hotel/motel room, you need to call them and ask for the upgrade. Please tell them that you are one of the Sydney Jeep Club bookings so they know what our group as a whole is doing. Where I have written ASAP you need to call ASAP, as they are almost out of cabins etc already! All these details are on the Bookings Sheet.

All the places except Alice Springs were happy to take payment from us individually when we get there, so unless you want to upgrade from unpowered camping, you only have one phone call to make, and don’t do that until I let you know. Alice Springs wants me to email them everyones details (numbers, names, contacts etc) before they will finalise my booking, and then they want money up front.

The second document I attached to the email is a Registration Form that I need everyone to fill out and get back to me at or by the April Club meeting. I will forward our details through to Alice Springs, and they will then tell me to ask you to call them with your credit card number. That won’t be until after the April Meeting.

I hope that is all okay! I have sent this to everyone on the list so far – 9 cars. I know that Marc who visited our last meeting is interested, but he hasn’t joined the club yet or confirmed that he wants to come. Hope to see or hear from everyone at the next meeting!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 16-03-14 at 05:02 PM.

Hi All, and especially Shefy and MarcL

I got Rego sheets back from everyone but you guys on Wednesday night, so I'm just about all systems go to make the very last booking in Alice Springs. Then I'm just wishing the next two and a half months away because I can't wait to get out on the track!

If there is ANYONE else that would like to come along, please let me know ASAP as I will get the last booking done as soon as I have everyones details.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 05-04-14 at 01:47 PM.

Shefy called me yesterday arvo. Unfortunately he doesn't think he'll be able to make it, so we still have space...

Dave

Hi All,

I emailed all our details to Alice Springs yesterday, and they should have emailed us all back today. I got an email asking that I call them and pay a $45 deposit, which I did.

They said that they had a couple of other calls today, so the system works!

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

Three months tonight is our second night in Alice Springs!

Dave

Association Delegate

Hi Dave,

I'm afraid I need to pull the pin on this trip I expect I'll be moving home when the trip is on and I dare say leaving the misses at home to deal with that by herself could bring on sudden castration.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_jk View Post
    Hi Dave,

I'm afraid I need to pull the pin on this trip I expect I'll be moving home when the trip is on and I dare say leaving the misses at home to deal with that by herself could bring on sudden castration.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

Thomas

That's a shame Thomas. Pity things haven't worked out, sounds like the house move is a bit short notice too. No fun!

Because I got your details last week, I had already sent your booking (and everyone else's) to Alice Springs, and they would have emailed you an invoice with a booking number. Would you mind calling them as per that invoice and cancelling?

Thanks, and maybe next time!

Dave

Association Delegate

Will do. Thanks Dave

Dave, I'll confirm when I see you in the next club meeting at Lidcombe. If you haven't finalised the list.