Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Date changed - 25.2.18

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

OK team - hope you can cope with this - Mani has become available to run our innaugral Chain Gang, but one week earlier. So we have re-scheduled (and changed trip leader).

PM me if there is an issue, but I hope you will still be able to attend.

Dru'n'Kerry

Hi Dru. I'm a little confused (not hard to do lol). So has the date changed from the 3rd March to the 25th Feb?? If so, I unfortunately won't be able to make it as I'll be at work on the 25th.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Elio S View Post
    Hi Dru. I'm a little confused (not hard to do lol). So has the date changed from the 3rd March to the 25th Feb?? If so, I unfortunately won't be able to make it as I'll be at work on the 25th.
    Yeah, also preferring Saturdays. And hard to switch from leaders you know and trust to someone else/new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

A couple of issues here, guys.

Saturday v Sunday is just one of those things. I get in strife on both occasions. I too prefer Saturdays for a host of reasons that I don't need to go into here, but I also worked on site for many years where Saturday was a working day. Some people just can't do Saturday, SJC needs to at least try to cater for both. If you can't do Saturday/Sunday let's talk - PM please.

In terms of trip leaders - to start with I am attending so you still have my input. You just ALSO get Mani's input.

Secondly, from the start of Chain Gang preparations it was my intention to call in the special trip leaders who had such an impact on Kerry and me. So far we have been pretty successful getting them to say "yes" which is a great relief. So we can note at this point, dates and availability TBC, but hopefully the Chain Gang will be fortunate to have the following trips leaders whom I have "vollunteered":
    x Steve Taylor - Wheeney Creek (Gees Arm South)
    x Steve Foster - Ourimbah
    x Mani - Zig Zag/Newnes
    x Killy Loop - Dru'n'Kerry (unless John and Di are happy to run it)
    x Mount Airlie, if it is still open - Dru'n'Kerry
    x Whiteman's/Skull and Crossbones, Zig Zag - Dave Knighton if we are lucky.
    x Yallwall, Monkey Gum, Tree Root, Dusty's etc - Jose

In each case superb trip leaders who actually introduced Kerry and me to these particular trails. Note that if I am lucky I only lead one trip, though we will step in if the guys can't manage the Chain Gang schedule. We will of course be attending as much of these as we can - so we will be there to help just like on all trips.

At any rate, I'd like to ask you to make available whatever flexibility you have. If you can't manage Saturday/Sunday PM me.

Cheers

Dru'n'Kerry
    Last edited by Dru; 19-02-18 at 06:05 PM.

I can't make next weekend either.