Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Jambo - Who's going?

  1. #1

    Default Jambo - Who's going?

    As it says, who's going and when you heading up, we are (Me, Bec and Em) any other kids going?

    Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

  2. #2
    Club General Committee Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Croydon
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Jambo - Who's going?

    Ed and I are heading up on Wednesday 17th, arriving Thursday 18th early arvo - you know the route!

    99% sure Hunno is heading up on the Wednesday as well, don't know if he is bringing any kids...

    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 21-03-19 at 10:34 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hayley and I will be attending, we are travelling before hand and will be there for the opening day

  4. #4
    Vice President Greg D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Pennant Hills
    Age
    66
    Posts
    508

    Default

    I'm going. Leaving Forster early on Thursday 18th, and returning via Forster on Tuesday 23rd. Google thinks its an 8 hour trip from Forster, but that doesn't allow for Easter Thursday traffic around Brisbane (even with an early start), so I could be a bit late arriving. Save me a spot!
    Greg

  5. #5
    Club General Committee Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Croydon
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg D View Post
    I'm going. Leaving Forster early on Thursday 18th, and returning via Forster on Tuesday 23rd. Google thinks its an 8 hour trip from Forster, but that doesn't allow for Easter Thursday traffic around Brisbane (even with an early start), so I could be a bit late arriving. Save me a spot!
    Greg
    That made me think, should we take a club banner or similar? Perhaps those flag thingies? Can't imagine we would want to take a marquee - too much to transport. Do we want to try and organise a SJC area when we get there?

    Dave

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    That made me think, should we take a club banner or similar? Perhaps those flag thingies? Can't imagine we would want to take a marquee - too much to transport. Do we want to try and organise a SJC area when we get there?

    Dave
    Yes to club area and yes to flag thingies I will be there on Thursday shortly after midday (probably) as looking at camping somewhere near or in Tweed Heads on Wednesday night. Happy to meet up with anyone else on the Wednesday evening for camping or Thursday on the way in so we can get a communal spot.

    Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 22-03-19 at 10:53 AM.
    Public Officer - Member #076

  7. #7
    Club General Committee Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Croydon
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Yes to club area and yes to flag thingies I will be there on Thursday shortly after midday (probably) as looking at camping somewhere near or in Tweed Heads on Wednesday night. Happy to meet up with anyone else on the Wednesday evening for camping or Thursday on the way in so we can get a communal spot.

    Cheers
    Steve
    Okay, Google reckons they are called teardrop or bow banners. Ed & I will be in Glen Innes on Wednesday night (anyone else looking for a convoy?), and hope to be at Woodford around 2 or 2.30pm on Thursday. Sounds like you and Steve & Hails will be there earlier, if you can circle the wagons
    Can't remember who our "quartermaster' is, when I send the meeting reminder email next weekend I'll ask if the banners can be brought along to the meeting - or if I can get the details of how to access the storage - and I'll bring them up.
    Looking forward to it!
    Dave

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Okay, Google reckons they are called teardrop or bow banners. Ed & I will be in Glen Innes on Wednesday night (anyone else looking for a convoy?), and hope to be at Woodford around 2 or 2.30pm on Thursday. Sounds like you and Steve & Hails will be there earlier, if you can circle the wagons
    Can't remember who our "quartermaster' is, when I send the meeting reminder email next weekend I'll ask if the banners can be brought along to the meeting - or if I can get the details of how to access the storage - and I'll bring them up.
    Looking forward to it!
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

    We don't have an appointed "quartermaster", unless you would like to volunteer?

    I'll email the storage details to you.

    Regards,
    Sean

  9. #9
    Club General Committee Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Croydon
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
    Hi Dave,

    We don't have an appointed "quartermaster", unless you would like to volunteer?

    I'll email the storage details to you.

    Regards,
    Sean
    Thanks Sean!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Default

    Yep,
    I'm leaving some time Tuesday now as I need to go via a mates place near Alstonville to drop parts in for FRED.
    I am looking at meeting up with Richard (Jeeps R US) on the way.
    Sorry Steve F. no kids with me. They are flying up Easter Monday & I'm meeting them at Surfers Monday night or Tuesday. Staying at Peppers resort until Saturday. Then Byron for 2 nights, Port Mac for 2 nights. Home Wednesday.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •